Used recliners and/or new

Dec 21, 2008
I've been searching the forums without sucess but I am sure the information is here somewhere.

Mr Silver Fox and I are looking for two reclining (lazy boy type) chairs in a dark colour (brown or black). We would also consider a small four seater sectional in dark colours as well. (Dark is preferred as we have several four legged children in our home.)

Does anyone know where we could find said furniture or does anyone have any used ones for sale? We have checked the local supermarcado boards, on-line publications for the area and haven't had any sucess.

We are in Sosua.

Thank you in advance for any information you can supply.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
what do we mean by a lazy boy...there are recycled sun loungers near the garden centre en route to the airport at puerto plata....theplace doesnt look much but if you hang around someone will stop by on a moto if there is noone there when you arrive

could you post a picture of what a lazy boy is for us brits- I know what a lady boy is lol

Dec 21, 2008
picture

This is a link to a picture of the type of chair we are looking for. I hope it works...LOL If not, I'm stumped....

La-Z-Boy Gibson Rocker Recliner

oh and we did pick up two beach lounge chairs from the place you described. Both in good condition with new seat covers...reasonable price from brand new ones

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
what do we mean by a lazy boy...there are recycled sun loungers near the garden centre en route to the airport at puerto plata....theplace doesnt look much but if you hang around someone will stop by on a moto if there is noone there when you arrive

could you post a picture of what a lazy boy is for us brits- I know what a lady boy is lol

jr, it's an upholstered chair with either a handle or button on the side that reclines the chair and opens up a footrest. Verryyyy comfy. We have reclining sofas in our den at home, and it's the thing I miss the most when we're in DR.

Lazyboy is a popular brand name. Link to photos: Lazy Boy Quality Recliners : Shop Lazy Boy Quality Recliner at Recliners Plus

AE

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
In Puerto Plata you can find them. If you are on Manola T.Justo (same main street as Jose Luis Grocery Story) just east of Jose Luis and on the same side of the street is a furniture store. I don't know the name of it. BUT they have both lazy boy type chairs but also sofas!