Beware Bella Terra Mall in Santiago! It's slippery!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear folks: I just got back from my first trip to Bella Terra Mall on Juan Pablo Duarte, across from the big CODETEL offices. It is massive, but about 1/3 empty. It is also a very dangerous place that would be in lawsuits up to it axxhole in a New York minute if it was located in the US of A.!!!

That place and the one next door are downright dangerous. Why oh why, Mr. HB?

Easy my children, when it is raining the driveway of the place next door and the entire outside, open-air part of Bella Terra are like ICE... I mean downright slipper, slidery!! Like an ice rink..No kidding. I was wearing Crocs and I actually thought about my days playing hockey...Jeez, it was slippery. So slippery that my calves hurt from tippy toeing around that place.

I went to Mango Bajito to buy a couple of T-shirts for family...they were reasonable. Then I went to another store for another type which I liked even better and almost took the first ones back!! The other store is on the first level and called "Tingola" . Mango Bajito is on the second floor.

Small world: The guy who took care of me at Tingola is a nephew of a boy I raised....and who I will see this week in Florida...if the cold will allow it...

So Beware of these places when walking in the misty rain...the floors are wicked slippery...even when mopped.

HB

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
What kind of other shops do they have inside? I know its been raining here a lot and if you can see your reflection in the floor be very very careful no matter where you go.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
They also have one of the ugliest parking garage entrances I've seen. The concrete work is horrendous. I was also there a few months ago when it rained and noticed the same. Either the architect missed something or they were trying to save money on tile.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Movie theater was nice. Papa John's gets a thumbs up.
Parking area has some weird column placement.

Some of the elevators from parking area seem to drop you at odd places... went up one, then back to the parking lot as it had taken us to some under construction area on the 3rd floor. Took another one & found our way.

On a not so hot Saturday it was an okay mall, but does need some more stores.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
What kind of other shops do they have inside? I know its been raining here a lot and if you can see your reflection in the floor be very very careful no matter where you go.

Not many shops. The mall is almost entirely empty above the 1st floor. Many of the tenants are kiosks as opposed to stores.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
i wondered how that would hold up in the rain - you can look at the floor and see it's going to be a death trap when wet.

but the same is true for many places in DR - like kaskada, some private marquesinas, etc...

Reactions: Lucille

armanipapi

Dec 30, 2010
papa johns is great but i paid about 40 dollars for 2 large cheese pizzas. theres also a burger king next to it. i agree the parking has too many columns.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
The parking-lot is some what crazy, from an architect point of view. I?ve counted at least two columns/pillars in the underground parking out of place. On the other hand Game Studio on the third floor is nice, it?s far from being a Dave & Buster?s, but you have fun. Also SOHO club on the roof is really good. I also like the iFix store on the second floor. A great place for anyone with Apple components, such as iPhone, iPad, iBooks etc. etc.

And yes the floors are slippery when wet so be careful when walking on the areas of this mall not covered by roofing.:hurt: