Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Codetel - Dumb as a Box of Rocks!

Time to rant!

Why is it when you know what the problem is, they still insist on checking the cabling in the walls, access points etc. Nothing changes, nobody has moved the walls, wake up!

Whenever we have had problems with our phone or internet connection, 100% of the time it's been something outside the office. 95% of the time at the local switch.

I have lost count how many times I have told them to reset our switch and the problem is solved. Or that X light is off on our Cisco router, so this is the problem etc.

This stuff is not rocket science, the planet has millions of connected users that never have a problem. Why is it so messed up in the DR? Then again, I think I know the answer! haha

My sister has a 100MB fiber in the UK. It never goes wrong, 99.9% uptime and she can't remember the last time they needed to call someone because of a problem.

What's sad, Codetel is the best of rest

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

calm down dear - this is the caribbean

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There are small villages in deepest Africa that are better connected than the D.R.

Literally.

For some reason NET access sucks here - and this is not just to do with off island fibre access.

The web is now like clean water, sanitation, electricity, air, food, shelter and beer.

It is essential.
    And here it sucks!!!!
    Robert, I think you are being very retrained.

The words 'P!ss up' and 'Brewery' spring to mind.

NALS and PICHARDO, please spin this so I feel good again.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Robert sometimes it just feels good to rant! I hear you.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

ps: they do give credit for the equivalent of down time on your bill.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I just dumped Codetel last week-end... Orange NetHogar "light" seems to works just fine... 1400RD$/month... Not bad...
    I feel relieved, no more landline, after 10 years with Codetel, 10 years of calling 220-1111 !!!!!
    Let's see how that Flybox behaves...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Codetel is always going to deny that any source of communication problem is outside your office. The deny instruction for that is in chapter one of every technician's and customer service agent's handbook.

They foolishly use man hours chasing after ghosts you know do not exist than follow your wise suggestions as to where the abnormalies are. You know your system.

If the problem is inside, it is your dime, if it is outside it is their dime.

Regards,
    PJT

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Robert, been there.

Whenever our connection really slows down, we're reluctant to call in because:

1) It's not Codetel you're speaking with.

2) They make you go through an absurd "troubleshooting" process that proves nothing.

3) They often close the case and do nothing.

ALL while knowing damn well the problem is 95+% THEIR problem.

<sigh>

AND we just get 1.5mb innerweb...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no problems with codetl on the the north coast...orange here is ****e though it has to be said

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squat View Post
    I just dumped Codetel last week-end... Orange NetHogar "light" seems to works just fine... 1400RD$/month... Not bad...
    I feel relieved, no more landline, after 10 years with Codetel, 10 years of calling 220-1111 !!!!!
    Let's see how that Flybox behaves...
    Please post a review, would be interesting to see how that works out.

Do you any monthly bandwidth caps?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast