Phone connectivity issues with Orange?

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Has anyone been experiencing phone connectivity issues in POP area this past week? I've been having a lot of issues this week when I'm calling to DR. I've tried calling with my landline in Canada and also my cell, through Rebtel (which uses voip) and no matter what method I use, the calls keep getting cut off. When I try calling back sometimes I get a msg from Orange telling me to try again later, sometimes I get a msg that there is an issue with the phone company's service, sometimes it just rings on my end and all the while the party I'm calling is there waiting and the phone doesn't ring. I'm wondering if it's an issue with Orange or if it's because of bad weather causing bad connection, over burdoned circuits? Sometimes when I call back the call goes through then gets dropped again only a few seconds later... Is anyone else having this problem and is it just with Orange or the phone lines in general?

Feb 7, 2007
No problems getting calls through to Orange. I would suggest you voicebuy.com for voip calling. Their Premium+ plan gets you quality that is on par with local DR cellular calling.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
No problems getting calls through to Orange. I would suggest you voicebuy.com for voip calling. Their Premium+ plan gets you quality that is on par with local DR cellular calling.

I've been using Rebtel but will check out voicebuy.com to see what their rates are like... I've been having the connectivity issues though even calling from my landline and not going through voip... On another note, I just got confirmation this week from callarc.com that their free voip service is now up and running. They're giving me 35 minutes of free calling... I'm looking forward to trying it.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Problems with Island Phone Services or local Internet???
NEVER.
How can You dare to suppose that such trouble would be hidden down here on the Isle and it's great Providers??
File a Report with the Canadian Phonecompany,
sure they messed something up Up there again.
lol

Mike

Reactions: Celt202

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
on the other side,
I can observe People down here pressing the "Red" button on incoming calls here on Daily bases, in numbers.
are ya sure they wanna be connected?

Mike

Yah I'm sure he's not hanging up on purpose because the same thing happens when he's trying to call me. He calls me, I answer and it cuts of again and again... intermittently. With Rebtel, you can allow them to call you on your rebtel number and the calls get logged in your online account... so I can see the proof of number of times he's tried to dial me duration of the calls etc.... The issue is also effecting our ability to get texts through from here... I think it's just a combo of his crappy phone and a bad service in his area....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Yah I'm sure he's not hanging up on purpose because the same thing happens when he's trying to call me. He calls me, I answer and it cuts of again and again... intermittently. With Rebtel, you can allow them to call you on your rebtel number and the calls get logged in your online account... so I can see the proof of number of times he's tried to dial me duration of the calls etc.... The issue is also effecting our ability to get texts through from here... I think it's just a combo of his crappy phone and a bad service in his area....

in such case many/all in His area would hav ethe same crappy serives, if such happens for several days in a row the people would be out on the streets running a Vuelga.
did you ever try to call without using that Rebtel thingy?, from a normal landbased line without any 'extra services numbers dialed"?

I know that from Europe the extra service numbers dialed also often cut down/provide shi$$y services, hey, for that they are cheap, and when I pick the phone and dial the number directly for the usual Rate of my phoneprovider all goes through fine and smooth.

Mike

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I phone two friends regularly in the POP area, both using Orange cell phones. There are no problems at all with one of them but with the other the phone just cuts to voicemail and the phone doesn't ring about 50% of the time. She says that, on and off, she has had problems for a week or so, and NO it isn't the phone.

Rio

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
i've been having lots of problems with txting and also calling DR from Canada. for a couple weeks now actually.
i get a message saying to try again later .. and also my txts aren't going through... im getting his, but he isn't getting mine!

hopefully soon the problem will be fixed! :)

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
also having connection problems Canada - D.R.

My stepson has not been able to get connect / talk to his mother, in San Pedro, for about 10 days to 2 weeks now. Normally they talk 1-3 times a week. Not sure what provider she uses.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
i've been having lots of problems with txting and also calling DR from Canada. for a couple weeks now actually.
i get a message saying to try again later .. and also my txts aren't going through... im getting his, but he isn't getting mine!

hopefully soon the problem will be fixed! :)

My texts have been hit and miss for about 2 weeks wherase before it worked most of the time... my boyfriend's sister is having problems with her phone too and they both use orange. His phone is a cheap one and hers is a nice one...both have the same problem. We've figured out, it's the signal. He tried calling me numerous times last night he even took the chip from his phone and used his relatives phones...and it was the same crappy connection whether I called him from my land line direct or through rebtel. But this morning it worked fine . :ermm:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
And now I can report the problem in reverse.....

My Orange mobile phone in the UK would not receive any calls from the DR over the weekend. It automatically put the calls through to voicemail even though it was switched on and not being used. Fine with all other calls, just the DR. Pleased to report it is OK now (fingers crossed)

Rio

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
And now I can report the problem in reverse.....

My Orange mobile phone in the UK would not receive any calls from the DR over the weekend. It automatically put the calls through to voicemail even though it was switched on and not being used. Fine with all other calls, just the DR. Pleased to report it is OK now (fingers crossed)

Rio

He is probably is getting his Western Union elsewhere!

Happy Holidays!

terrible tambo'