Children's Bookshop (English & Spanish) North Coast

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
Any advice for a good children's bookshop on the North Coast around the Puerto Plata or Sosua area, or else in the Santiago area. Looking for books in both Spanish and English.

Thanks.

Adrian

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The biggest bookshop in the area is Cuesta at Supermercado Nacional in Santiago, there's another called Thesauraus at Plaza Internacional. I'm not sure about either's English/Spanish selection though...

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Children's books in both languages can be found at Abraxas in POP. They will probably have a booth on Dec 18th at the Miraposa Foundation Christmas Fair in Cabarete as well.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
A friend I work with, was telling me that his parents operate a non-prophit book store in the downtown POP area. I'll see if I can obtain more information on the name and location. I'm expecting them to get in touch with me this week as they are on their way down to POP for the winter.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Update, the address of the book store my friend's father owns is 60 Calle Prof Juan Bosch, 2 blocks from the central square in Puerto Plata. It's open mon-fri from 10-12:30 and from 2:00-5:30. If you want the phone number of the owner in DR you can PM me and I'll pass along the info.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Shiraz72,

Thanks for the address.

Adrian

You're welcome. I may just check it out myself when I'm down in January. I don't know how man children's books they carry but it's a non-profit store and will benefit the community.;)

umeafdb

Mar 9, 2010
Books in English POP

Yes, there is a non-profit English bookstore. It is located in The Meeting Place at Calle 60 Juan Bosch (that used to be John F Kennedy Street) between the Melancon and Central Park. It is in the building that has a English resource center and small theatre. It is a Canadian couple that are involved -- profits go to the local library.The current hours are now 11 to 5:30 weekday (open during lunch). I found the infomation at the following website(tel 809261 7394)

Last edited by a moderator: