Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Children's Bookshop (English & Spanish) North Coast

Any advice for a good children's bookshop on the North Coast around the Puerto Plata or Sosua area, or else in the Santiago area. Looking for books in both Spanish and English.

Thanks.

Adrian

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The biggest bookshop in the area is Cuesta at Supermercado Nacional in Santiago, there's another called Thesauraus at Plaza Internacional. I'm not sure about either's English/Spanish selection though...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thesauraus has really nothing now, Cuesta in National supermarket has some, but very little in English

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Children's books in both languages can be found at Abraxas in POP. They will probably have a booth on Dec 18th at the Miraposa Foundation Christmas Fair in Cabarete as well.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend I work with, was telling me that his parents operate a non-prophit book store in the downtown POP area. I'll see if I can obtain more information on the name and location. I'm expecting them to get in touch with me this week as they are on their way down to POP for the winter.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Adrian

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Update, the address of the book store my friend's father owns is 60 Calle Prof Juan Bosch, 2 blocks from the central square in Puerto Plata. It's open mon-fri from 10-12:30 and from 2:00-5:30. If you want the phone number of the owner in DR you can PM me and I'll pass along the info.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiraz72,

Thanks for the address.

Adrian

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Shiraz72,

Thanks for the address.

Adrian
    You're welcome. I may just check it out myself when I'm down in January. I don't know how man children's books they carry but it's a non-profit store and will benefit the community.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Books in English POP

Yes, there is a non-profit English bookstore. It is located in The Meeting Place at Calle 60 Juan Bosch (that used to be John F Kennedy Street) between the Melancon and Central Park. It is in the building that has a English resource center and small theatre. It is a Canadian couple that are involved -- profits go to the local library.The current hours are now 11 to 5:30 weekday (open during lunch). I found the infomation at the following website(tel 809261 7394)
    Last edited by Hlywud; 01-12-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: url address removed