Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much is this 40in LED HDTV in the DR?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How much is this 40in LED HDTV in the DR?

Toshiba 40UL605 40in 1080p Ultra Thin LED HDTV on eBay Daily Deals

Toshiba 40UL605 40in 1080p Ultra Thin LED HDTV
    Price: $588.99

Moderator - Off Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Toshiba 40UL605 40in 1080p Ultra Thin LED HDTV on eBay Daily Deals

Toshiba 40UL605 40in 1080p Ultra Thin LED HDTV
    Price: $588.99
    It states on ebay that it has been discounted 58%, keep in mind that there is a standard 56% import tax on this tv unless it is shipped here as a gift from a DOMINICAN who can prove that he or she has not been in the D.R. for a minimum of 6 months. Since there is an airline rule for December that you cannot bring any boxes with you, you will have to pay between 150-200 U.S depending on the shipper to get it here. Then if there is a problem you don't have any warranty. I have tried to think of several ways to import a tv and it just doesn't seem logical. By the time you're done, the imported tv is probably going to cost the same.....without a warranty. To answer your question, at least twice the price.
    I believe this is correct info, If I have the wrong info, please let me know.

B in Santiago and loving every minute

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you one thing LED is great, I have a 46 inch, but they do not react well to electric systems that are not consistent and have ups and downs.
    It is very hard on the components

Price is very good.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

They have a few LED tvs here:

Catálogo de Ofertas - La Sirena

:gulp: over US$4000? for a tv? You can get the same for less than 2g in the US...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I did import a TV

I did import a TV about a year ago. By the time all was said and done I saved about $200 over buying it here at La Sirena. I would use a different importer if I do a larger item like that again. TransExpress is good for smaller items, but larger ones are costly for them to "re-pack" and ship and also painful to have them deal with customs. There are other threads about better companies to use that advertise here on DR1

BTW, It is a Panasonic Plasma 42 inch model and I have not had any problems with it.

Thanks for the heads up about LED TVs not working well with variable power. They don't sound like a good idea for the DR.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    They have a few LED tvs here:

Catálogo de Ofertas - La Sirena

:gulp: over US$4000? for a tv? You can get the same for less than 2g in the US...
    Yes, the customs duty is at the level of extortion for TVs here.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought 46' Toshiba at price smart in Santiago. Its like a costco - well. kinda. LOL.
    i paid 50000 pesos. Took that right on the chin but it wouldnt fit in my suitcase.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i was in the TV dept of walmart yesterday.......what is being manufactured for the US market, top size is 55", last year it was 50 -52, prices about the same but you get more tv for the buck, Target had a 52 the other day for 600$ US. don't know or care about dpi....good luck to all with whatever transport you may use, i just put the prices out there because i want ya'll to understand what things cost.......

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

La Serena in POP have the 40" LED Sony KDL -40 HX800 for RD$108995 and it comes with a Sony DVD DVPSR400P with one year warranty.

Hope that Helps

Mery Christmas

OLLY

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    La Serena in POP have the 40" LED Sony KDL -40 HX800 for RD$108995 and it comes with a Sony DVD DVPSR400P with one year warranty.

Hope that Helps

Mery Christmas

OLLY

make sure you have constant power coming out of your 110V Plugs at the house.
    their warranty does not apply when your screen turns black every 15 minutes in the early evenings when the whole Barrio runs all eletrical power machines at home and the power supply goes down on it's knees as usual in most areas on the Isle.
    at least on most machines you still hear the ound, it's just the screen that turns black.
    the Ole Plasmas are out of Date and big Elec consumers, but yes, they been more reliable against the Power Ups/Downs.

even that we have 24/7/365 power here on the East,
    there are some evenings when I am so really happy to still have the 12 years old Sony FatBoy in the corner of the Bedroom, it always shows everything connected after the modern crap show's black Screens in the rest of the house.

Mike
    lately very pi$$ed about the functioning of some "modern Equipment" plugged into Caribbean Electricity
    Mike
    www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast