Does the British Ambassador read these forums?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I heard that Ian Worthington used to every now and then.

I was just wondering if his successor does?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I am sure in this age of "big brother" someone high up in the DR government as well as someone in the various embassays read these posts.

I am also pretty sure that NO one in Codetel, Orange, Ede Norte, de Lancer, reads these.

Bob K

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I compare this forum to a meeting of Alcoholic Anonymous; where Social class, education level, nationality, politic or religions credentials doesn't make the difference...
Here it doesn't matter you are poor or you are rich guy , anyone is allowed to read and post in theses forums....
The only one requirement to be a member of this marvelous website is to follow the rules and they are simple.

JJ

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I heard that Ian Worthington used to every now and then.

I was just wondering if his successor does?

I hope not. He must have better things to do with his time.

If anything, there is a low level clerk who reads the forum and brings anything important, to them, to his attention

Last edited:

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I hope not. He must have better things to do with his time.

If anything, there is a low level clerk who reads the forum and brings anything important, to them, to his attention.

I wonder if it is the low level clerk who gave me the appalling service at the Embassy yesterday. I will post my experience when I have enough time. I'm a bit busy running around trying to save my job at the moment because the Embassy couldn't be bothered to help me out with one small request.

I will adhere to DR1 rules and post my complaint with my real name.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I wonder if it is the low level clerk who gave me the appalling service at the Embassy yesterday. I will post my experience when I have enough time. I'm a bit busy running around trying to save my job at the moment because the Embassy couldn't be bothered to help me out with one small request.

I will adhere to DR1 rules and post my complaint with my real name.

If you need any help or a direct contact, let me know via PM.

Aug 19, 2004
"Does the British Ambassador read these forums?" In your dreams! Don't get carried away.

I hope he is reading the Economist rather than Picardo for details on the economic miracle that is the DR.

Reactions: Africaida

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
what does he actually do ?

I was wondering that, JR, seeing as it is all but impossible to get a UK visa now for anyone out of the EU. The Tories have cut the immigration levels right down and you have to be a millionaire nuclear scientist who speaks perfect English to be granted entry it seems! :ermm:

Perhaps this will be one of the areas that the British Government will be looking to make cuts. They seem to have targetted in all directions. ;)

Rio

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Well I received a lot of help from Steven at a time when me and my family needed it the most - when the system broke down.

There was nothing in it for him - it wasn't even part of his job - he could have easily just palmed me off onto one of his staff, but he did not. He saw it through - and this at a time when he had a lot on his plate.

I cannot say enough good stuff about him.

And best of all he is not some 'Hail fellow, well met' public school toff.

Speaking from first hand experience I can say that he seems a very decent bloke.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Well 'Hello" Hon Emb. Stephen' if that is the correct address, but by Golly, you will have to do better!!
I found the 'Embassy" almost by accident in an anonymous grey concrete structure on an ugly grey road.
!. No Union Flag outside ???
2. Not even a EUSSR Flag outside
3. No Flag at all outside.
4. No markings inside the building. (Like No **** thing at all.!)
5. Reception hall the size of a small toilet with a few chairs.
6. A latina female receptionist with the charm of a Gaboon Viper on a bad day
7. In Short.A humiliating experience for anyone who has served his country and considered the UK as a lighthouse to the world.
Hon y Soit Qui Mal Y pense.
Yer Kiddin', Right?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Well I received a lot of help from Steven at a time when me and my family needed it the most - when the system broke down.

There was nothing in it for him - it wasn't even part of his job - he could have easily just palmed me off onto one of his staff, but he did not. He saw it through - and this at a time when he had a lot on his plate.

I cannot say enough good stuff about him.

And best of all he is not some 'Hail fellow, well met' public school toff.

Speaking from first hand experience I can say that he seems a very decent bloke.

I 2nd that, he is a good man and very friendly to everyone who comes in contact with him. Lets see if we can invite him to an indian BBQ in SD.
Sylvie, are you on?
AZB

H

Hadwin

i have seen many govt officials , specially army officials reading and participating in forums .