Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default transpotation and scotia bank santo domingo

    good day ....

    wanted to know if anyone know what the time from santo domingo to puerto plata and is it about 75 us or less ?

    also wanted to know if someone wants to pay the vistor visa at the scotia bank close to consulate can it be done just for the 75 single entry or do you need to open and account snd that is 100 us?

    cause some seems to think that u need to open an account and the transport is 75 ..

    please let me know
    have a great day
    and happy holidays to all you wonderful people

    Cathy

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Public transport from SD to Puerto Plata (Caribe tours or Metro bus) is from between 4.5 hours and 5 hours (Metro is slightly faster) and costs about $10 US (340 pesos). A private cab will be about $200 US plus tip.

    As far as i know if you want to renew your visitors visa it can only be done at the Government office (not sure which one but some one here will post that info). However it is easier just to pay the exit "fine" when you leave assuming you will b leaving in a year or so.

    Bob K

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bob K ...

    thank you !!! can I ask you something else.... the public transport can take you to the canadian consulate in santo domingo for 10 us each way is that correct and does it run all the time ? as far as the metro does that go to santo domingo next to consulate and if you know how much that would be ...

    actually a friend of mine is tring to get a vistor visa and was going to go to the consulate with all the forms ... I heard there is a bank scotia not far ... can they pay the single entry for vistor visa there without having bank fees he says there is a fee of a 100 us before you make payment...

    thanks
    have a great day
    Cathy

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    Public transport from SD to Puerto Plata (Caribe tours or Metro bus) is from between 4.5 hours and 5 hours (Metro is slightly faster) and costs about $10 US (340 pesos). A private cab will be about $200 US plus tip.

    As far as i know if you want to renew your visitors visa it can only be done at the Government office (not sure which one but some one here will post that info). However it is easier just to pay the exit "fine" when you leave assuming you will b leaving in a year or so.

    Bob K
    It can only be done at DGM, the General Directorate of Migration in Santo Domingo on the Malecon, corner of Centro de los Heroes just west of Jimenez Moya (Av. Winston Churchill) and unless you're planning a long overstay it's hardly worth the trouble.
    Easier, as Bob says, to pay the overstay fee at the airport desk near passport control when you finally leave. Make sure you pay only what the relevant notice on the wall says you should pay, and get the receipt (which passport control will take from you) and a copy. They rarely have change, so make sure you have the right amount in small bills and change.
    Bryan

  5. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bryan <

    thanks I was told you can pay the for the vistor visa to canada for application at the scotia bank down stairs not far from consulate.... but was wondering if there is a 100 fee to pay something at the bank ?

    thanks let me know
    happy holidays
    Cathy

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Canadian Embassy is located in the Citi Group building on Winston Churchill. The Scotia bank is located in the same building. You do not need to open an account. Just make a DIRECT DEPOSIT to the Embassy of Canada. The tellers do this all the time.

    Take the Metro or Caribe Bus to the terminal in SD, hop in a taxi and tell them where you want to go. Should be no more than $250 rd. This is the easiest way to get where you need to be in SD.

    Reminder that ALL documents must be translated (legalized and notorized) from Spanish or they will not be included in the application.

    Documents may only be dropped off Monday - Thursday, 8:30 - 11 a.m. Same day response (in most cases) can be collected between 3 and 3:30 p.m.

    Go to the following web site for more info.

    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ican_republic-
    republique_dominicaine/

    Hope this helps. Good luck, you'll need it!

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Best off taking Metro as Acropolis is only a couple of blocks up Churchill.

  8. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    16,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ybonabeach View Post
    Canadian Embassy is located in the Citi Group building on Winston Churchill. The Scotia bank is located in the same building. You do not need to open an account. Just make a DIRECT DEPOSIT to the Embassy of Canada. The tellers do this all the time.

    Take the Metro or Caribe Bus to the terminal in SD, hop in a taxi and tell them where you want to go. Should be no more than $250 rd. This is the easiest way to get where you need to be in SD.

    Reminder that ALL documents must be translated (legalized and notorized) from Spanish or they will not be included in the application.

    Documents may only be dropped off Monday - Thursday, 8:30 - 11 a.m. Same day response (in most cases) can be collected between 3 and 3:30 p.m.

    Go to the following web site for more info.

    HTTP Error 404 - Not Found / Erreur HTTP 404 - Non trouvé
    republique_dominicaine/

    Hope this helps. Good luck, you'll need it!

    Thanks for posting the correct info on how and where to apply for a Canadian visitor visa. Link doesn't seem to be working so maybe this one is better http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

    Perhaps this should be moved to the visa forum.

  9. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    16,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Best off taking Metro as Acropolis is only a couple of blocks up Churchill.

    Sorry Chiri I missed your post, yes taking the metro is best

  10. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    thank you all for your help you are all amazing people

    happy holidays!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •