transpotation and scotia bank santo domingo

cathy_70

Jul 7, 2010
good day ....

wanted to know if anyone know what the time from santo domingo to puerto plata and is it about 75 us or less ?

also wanted to know if someone wants to pay the vistor visa at the scotia bank close to consulate can it be done just for the 75 single entry or do you need to open and account snd that is 100 us?

cause some seems to think that u need to open an account and the transport is 75 ..

please let me know
have a great day
and happy holidays to all you wonderful people

Cathy

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Public transport from SD to Puerto Plata (Caribe tours or Metro bus) is from between 4.5 hours and 5 hours (Metro is slightly faster) and costs about $10 US (340 pesos). A private cab will be about $200 US plus tip.

As far as i know if you want to renew your visitors visa it can only be done at the Government office (not sure which one but some one here will post that info). However it is easier just to pay the exit "fine" when you leave assuming you will b leaving in a year or so.

Bob K

cathy_70

Jul 7, 2010
Bob K ...

thank you !!! can I ask you something else.... the public transport can take you to the canadian consulate in santo domingo for 10 us each way is that correct and does it run all the time ? as far as the metro does that go to santo domingo next to consulate and if you know how much that would be ...

actually a friend of mine is tring to get a vistor visa and was going to go to the consulate with all the forms ... I heard there is a bank scotia not far ... can they pay the single entry for vistor visa there without having bank fees he says there is a fee of a 100 us before you make payment...

thanks
have a great day
Cathy

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Public transport from SD to Puerto Plata (Caribe tours or Metro bus) is from between 4.5 hours and 5 hours (Metro is slightly faster) and costs about $10 US (340 pesos). A private cab will be about $200 US plus tip.

As far as i know if you want to renew your visitors visa it can only be done at the Government office (not sure which one but some one here will post that info). However it is easier just to pay the exit "fine" when you leave assuming you will b leaving in a year or so.

Bob K

It can only be done at DGM, the General Directorate of Migration in Santo Domingo on the Malecon, corner of Centro de los Heroes just west of Jimenez Moya (Av. Winston Churchill) and unless you're planning a long overstay it's hardly worth the trouble.
Easier, as Bob says, to pay the overstay fee at the airport desk near passport control when you finally leave. Make sure you pay only what the relevant notice on the wall says you should pay, and get the receipt (which passport control will take from you) and a copy. They rarely have change, so make sure you have the right amount in small bills and change.
Bryan

cathy_70

Jul 7, 2010
Bryan <

thanks I was told you can pay the for the vistor visa to canada for application at the scotia bank down stairs not far from consulate.... but was wondering if there is a 100 fee to pay something at the bank ?

thanks let me know
happy holidays
Cathy

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Canadian Embassy is located in the Citi Group building on Winston Churchill. The Scotia bank is located in the same building. You do not need to open an account. Just make a DIRECT DEPOSIT to the Embassy of Canada. The tellers do this all the time.

Take the Metro or Caribe Bus to the terminal in SD, hop in a taxi and tell them where you want to go. Should be no more than $250 rd. This is the easiest way to get where you need to be in SD.

Reminder that ALL documents must be translated (legalized and notorized) from Spanish or they will not be included in the application.

Documents may only be dropped off Monday - Thursday, 8:30 - 11 a.m. Same day response (in most cases) can be collected between 3 and 3:30 p.m.

Go to the following web site for more info.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/dominican_republic-
republique_dominicaine/

Hope this helps. Good luck, you'll need it!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Canadian Embassy is located in the Citi Group building on Winston Churchill. The Scotia bank is located in the same building. You do not need to open an account. Just make a DIRECT DEPOSIT to the Embassy of Canada. The tellers do this all the time.

Take the Metro or Caribe Bus to the terminal in SD, hop in a taxi and tell them where you want to go. Should be no more than $250 rd. This is the easiest way to get where you need to be in SD.

Reminder that ALL documents must be translated (legalized and notorized) from Spanish or they will not be included in the application.

Documents may only be dropped off Monday - Thursday, 8:30 - 11 a.m. Same day response (in most cases) can be collected between 3 and 3:30 p.m.

Go to the following web site for more info.

HTTP Error 404 - Not Found / Erreur HTTP 404 - Non trouv?
republique_dominicaine/

Hope this helps. Good luck, you'll need it!

Thanks for posting the correct info on how and where to apply for a Canadian visitor visa. Link doesn't seem to be working so maybe this one is better http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

Perhaps this should be moved to the visa forum.

Reactions: Tamborista