Thread: I'll buy a tour operator company

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I'll buy a tour operator company

I am interested in buing a tour operator company which has a licence for organized excursions at Dominican Republic. + 1 8299343356 +18099959032

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You need tourists first.......

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on, guys.

The OP is making his first post and is interested in making an investment in the Dominican Republic. He is spending his money, not yours, and I think we have to assume that he knows what it takes to make his business successful. We owe him the courtesy of answering his question, if we can help. If he wants words of wisdom, I am sure he will ask for them.

mkotan, what are you looking for from the message board? I doubt if there is an owner of a company on the market posting, but maybe there are people who know of companies that might be available, or who to contact to get more information about purchasing a company in the DR.

The other stuff, that's just how it is on this board. Ignore it.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkotan View Post
    I am interested in buing a tour operator company which has a licence for organized excursions at Dominican Republic. + 1 8299343356 +18099959032
    Are you Dominican?? I think they some rules about nationality in this matter...

JJ

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Tour Operator Business

Hi

My wife (DR) and business partner (DR) set up a tour business many years ago, The partner was at the time involed within the DR goverment and i can remember it took them along time and they had to jump through alot of hoops to obtain the relevent legal documents to trade as a Tour business and alot of $

What area in the Dominican Republic are you looking to run the Business from ?

Have you tried to apply for the licences yourself ?

Have you had any offers from anybody who could sell you a business ?

Thanks

Whiskylee

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It costs RD$45,000, some paperwork (proof of proper incorporation), proof of insurance and a Dominican who has a Tour Guide license.

It's easier if you base in an eco-touristic development zone.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

And it is fairly straightforward to buy someone else's company and license OR rent / lease their license!!!