National police road side assitance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
On a bright and sunny day I decided to hop on my scooter and go to Cabarete for Lunch.

Fortunately the National Police pulled me over to discuss my safety.

I don't speak much Spanish but the officer mentioned the word " Protection "

Immediately I turned off my engine and stepped out of the vehicle ( dismount cycle ).

I then opened the storage compartment where I either store a helmet or....

Anyway today the helmut was there and I said Falice ...true story...and I was on my way....I have a witness!

YouTube - Feliz Navidad

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
Yeah, You look like trouble right out of the gate! NOT!!!!

Maybe they wanted to see if you had a few.

Will you be in Cabarete next week? Where are you spending New Years Eve?

Scooter

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
2mmcqo3.gif

I assume the two "Scooter's" in the above 2 posts are not related..... ;)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Yeah, You look like trouble right out of the gate! NOT!!!!

Maybe they wanted to see if you had a few.

Will you be in Cabarete next week? Where are you spending New Years Eve?

Scooter

I thought they were going to hit me up for a Christmas Propina.

None of the locals were pulled over for no helmet so I really can't believe it didn't cost me anything but wishingf him a merry christmas seemed to work

I take these 2 weeks off so will be going to Cabarete quite often and if i go out on new Years Eve i would go to Jose's as they usually do a Prime Rib Dinner with all you can drink for $30 and then there's the fireworks.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I was on my motorcycle in Sosua today and had my helmet on... Police were everywhere and everyone was wearing their helmet. However, on my way back to Cabarete, off came the helmets for everyone. When I was in Santiago and Mocha no one was wearing helmets there...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I was on my motorcycle in Sosua today and had my helmet on... Police were everywhere and everyone was wearing their helmet. However, on my way back to Cabarete, off came the helmets for everyone. When I was in Santiago and Mocha no one was wearing helmets there...

I wear my helmet in town but never once I am out of Amet's grasp and the national police never stopped me before with no helmet so That's why I thought it was odd and perhaps a shakedown in the making but this was not the case

Status
Not open for further replies.