nice restaurant in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
Within walking distance in Sosua, I would go to Waterfronts. If you have transportation, then, I would suggest Ocean Village. Both these restaurants offer ambiance as well as good food and decent service. However, you will pay a bit more. For a special birthday dinner, they both are worth it.

Lindsey

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Bologna - been remodeled, decent food

el Toro Steakhouse - accomodating owner, would probably do an "employee birthday sing" for the birthday guest of honor

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Las Canas (Have entertainment on Saturdays)
Scotch & Sirloin
I guess On the Waterfront has a more romantic setting
Marua Mai has excellent food also.

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
My last time at Waterfront was Valentine's day...all I'll say is that it was my last time at Waterfront...and I used to love the place for a couple reasons...It really depends on what the birthday person likes. Morua Mai- good but expensive...check the calendar in a week there'll be a new offering...honestly, Cabarete has better restaurants and values.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I would go to Peirgiorgio for sunset cocktails at about 5:45 pm - the margaritas are good there. Then to either Casa 21 or Al Porto in Sosua Ocean Village. Get one of the Cabanas on the seafront at El Porto and they will bring everything down to you.
Casa 21 you will have a quiet romantic evening but they are not open Monday and Tuesdays for evening meals. You will need to get a taxi for both.
Waterfront is not so good any more and even their margaritas taste as if they are made with mix rather than fresh ingredients.

JR is right - El Toro has closed. Scotch and Sirloin is not romantic at all.

There is possibility Josephs at Sosua By the Sea next to Casa Marina.

I think it depends what you want - sea view at Sunset and a great meal at somewhere else. Depends how much you want to pay too. None of these place are cheap.

Hope you have a great time

Merry Christmas

Olly

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
does anyone know what sabatinis is like - I have never heard of anyone that went there

Club Sabatini is just another name for Sosua Bay/Timeshares, maybe he has a restaurant by that name, but it is part of the AI on the beach for sure.

Oct 11, 2010
Sabatini - Sosua Bay/Victorian House

does anyone know what sabatinis is like - I have never heard of anyone that went there

Sabatini's restaurant was the a la carte restaurant within the Sosua Bay/Victorian House hotel. Unfortunately it has been closed for about six months. It was pretty good with mainly Italian dishes offered. No idea if they plan to open it again. I definitely miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.