MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Hey Guys,
for those interested in mother natures lil extra thingies,
starting tonight 2AM we will see a Lunar Eclipse,
it should be fully covered at 3:17AM, lasting nearly an Hour.

the only downpoint:
since this Noon we have full dark cloud covered skies here on the East,
after a few nice sunny days we are now on a NE'erly strong Breeze, cold and awaited to get cooler and stronger, Ocean will mess up again,
I just hope those clouds get a break tonight.

Happy Holidays

Mike

May 29, 2006
A friend of mine says when eclipses and solstices converge, there are more big earthquakes. I don't know much about the topic, but there were 5.5 quakes today in Iran and El Savador. The moon is suppose to turn red too...

Jul 4, 2010
I received the following today....

"An astrologer, Victoria Peltz just wrote an article explaining that we are ?or may be - two years off in our calendar because of the confusion back inthe 16th century between the Gregorian and Julian calendar. In other words when we interpreted the end of the age in the Mayan calendar as 2012, it should have been 2010. Now what is so interesting about that is when I heard of the 2012 end of the world scenario, I immediately did a chart for Dec 21, 2012 and saw nothing. Then I asked a few of my astro friends and they saw nothing. BUT, if I do a chart for Dec 21, 2010, I see a spectacular, powerful eclipse lasting over one hour. Also, in July 2010, we have a cardinal T-Square with Saturn, Uranus and Pluto in the sky that can be seen as a herald or portent of things to come.

People have been predicting the end of the world approximately every couple of centuries since 2800 BC when it was written on a clay table in Assyria. And the Mayan elders have been trying to tell everyone that the end of a cycle on their calendar is not the end of the world.

Dec 21, 2012 is actually Dec 21, 2010"

Jul 4, 2010
"A total lunar eclipse will be visible across North America tonight, just in time for the longest night of the year. This will be the first time a lunar eclipse has fallen on the winter solstice since 1638.

The Earth?s shadow will begin to blot out the moon at 1:32 am EST (10:32 pm PST). During totality, when the Earth is directly between the moon and the sun, the moon will turn a rusty orange-red for 72 minutes from 2:41 am to 3:53 am EST (11:41 pm to 12:53 am PST)."

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is sorrily darn dark cloudy here on the East now, I hope that strong northerly Breeze blows some Clouds out of the way so I can see that Sky.
Peter, Quakes of 5+ are absolutely no rarity here in the Region, we have such once in a while.

The End of the World?

I don't know when I have to elave this Planet, that Date is in the Hands of other powers than myself, but why should a Lunar Eclipse have anything to do with any kinda End of the World Stories???
those Astros and Religious Endtime prayers are the mayor Pasin of the World, that's what their ""Forecasts"" mean, ha ha

Happy Watching

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Yes Milosh,
we should see the full process/eclipse from heer.
at the Moment the Sky looks much more favorable than it been a few hours ago.
keep the clouds out,
I have the Nikon ready.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
been invisible til around 2AM here, since then the Full Moon has a nice Hole in the deep cloud cover.
I am out with the Nikon D80 and made my adjustments, the clear shots til now are o.k.
will check again in around 20 minutes, hopefully He stays visible

Mike

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Now, the Moon will turn to red.

Here is why is that: imagine that you are on the Moon, looking the Earth, and Sun comes behind the Earth. You will see Earth with fire ring around it. Means that you see all sunrises and sunsets at the same time.

That would be romantic view.

Animation

And then after that, it will turn back to cheese. :ermm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Celt202

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
He did not leave His camouflage behond the clouds since 10 minutes,
so for this Century I will leave it that way.
will see in the morning if a foto or two came out right.
I took 228 of 'em tonight.

'nite

Mike

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I set my alarm for 3:30 AM and went up on the roof and took a look. The sky in Santo Tap?n was clear so there was an unobstructed view. The moon was almost fully covered by the earth's shadow and was russet colored with a sliver of normal moon light on the right.

2:45 est am from cold and clear Canada

2dvsztw.jpg

Reactions: Celt202