Turkey cooking bags?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Do they sell turkey cooking bags in the grocery stores here? My mom uses these to keep the turkey moist and juicy, without rebasting.

What do they call them here, if they have them?

Reactions: Tamborista

web

Nov 5, 2005
Saw some in Tropical Puerto Plata near the back by the produce. Had a little stand with cooking bags, gravy, fake stuffing mix.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Yes they do sell them. They are in the same section as the tin foil, clingfilm etc or whatever americans call those things! Come usually in packs of 2 or 4. They are called turkey basting bags!

Matilda

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Yes they do sell them. They are in the same section as the tin foil, clingfilm etc or whatever americans call those things! Come usually in packs of 2 or 4. They are called turkey basting bags!

Matilda

you guys dont have those things?............theres so much I dont know about the English or is it the Brits?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
thanks! I may not have a disaster after all.....LOL>>>

Call 1-809-DR1-FREE (Turkey) to help you clean up the left overs.
rm8y9i.gif
lol​

Don - SantiagoDR

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
you guys dont have those things?............theres so much I dont know about the English or is it the Brits?

Yes we have them but I think americans use different words to tin foil and cling film but I cant remember what!! Metal sheets and plastic on a roll???

matilda

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Yes we have them but I think americans use different words to tin foil and cling film but I cant remember what!! Metal sheets and plastic on a roll???

matilda

Reynolds Wrap (Tin Foil) brand name. (Also called Aluminum Foil)

Saran Wrap (Cling Sheets) brand name. (Also called Plastic Wrap)

Don - SantiagoDR

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Only found oven bags in Sirena but Tropical also had turkey gravy and stuffing mix. The gravy I will mix with the drippings from the bird, and I'm too lazy to make real stuffing.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The gravy I will mix with the drippings from the bird, and I'm too lazy to make real stuffing.
Drippings and chopped giblets in gravy mix does wonders. Stuffing mixes today are pretty dang good, just add some chopped celery chopped onions, lightly sauteed in olive oil, and some chopped giblets to it. Unless, of course, you need it done from scratch which is time consuming.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Only found oven bags in Sirena but Tropical also had turkey gravy and stuffing mix. The gravy I will mix with the drippings from the bird, and I'm too lazy to make real stuffing.

Ahhhh!

You need "Stove Top Turkey Stuffing"

Even I can make a great stuffing with Stove Top
It's really tates good and easy to make!

(Except the part of finding it in the DR :) lol)

2qum7o9.jpg

Stovetop Directions:
Boil 1 1/2 cups water and 1/4 cup margarine in medium saucepan. Stir in contents of Stuffing Mix pouch; cover.
Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.

Microwave:
Mix contents of Stuffing Mix pouch, 1 1/2 cups hot water and 1/4 cup margarine, cut into pieces, in 1 1/2 quart microwavable bowl; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 minutes. Fluff with fork. Microwave ovens vary. Cooking time is approximate.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
A La Parilla

Turkey...

12 minutes per pound on low heat (250 or so).... turns out moist , smokey and delicious

WW

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ahhhh!

2qum7o9.jpg

Stovetop Directions:
Boil 1 1/2 cups water and 1/4 cup margarine in medium saucepan. Stir in contents of Stuffing Mix pouch; cover.
Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.

Microwave:
Mix contents of Stuffing Mix pouch, 1 1/2 cups hot water and 1/4 cup margarine, cut into pieces, in 1 1/2 quart microwavable bowl; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 minutes. Fluff with fork. Microwave ovens vary. Cooking time is approximate.

Everything has MSG so I'm making my own stuffing this year from real bread and lots of good things. Will let you know if the family likes it or we go back to MSG. :paranoid:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Ahhhh!

2qum7o9.jpg
The generic brand @ Nacional (Food Club?) is every bit as good. Prolly the same thing just rebranded. And I recall seeing a huge box of real Stove Top-that contains 4 or 6 bags-at Price Smart.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Turkey...

12 minutes per pound on low heat (250 or so).... turns out moist , smokey and delicious

WW
Agrees. I cut the bag to uncover the turkey and cook it at 325 the last 20 mins. Crisps up the skin without drying it out.