Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Sixt" rental cars: Has anyone used them?

This company has both the car I am looking for and the lowest price at PUJ but I know nothing about them except that they are from Germany.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of them, but it would be very hard to find a company that is worse than the normal ones over here. Take a chance and let us know how you do.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default completely burnt

i have suffered a lot on this matter.
    every time, and for the third time out of twenty tentals i have been through in the dominican republic. have been charged unauthorized charges from these unheard of companies who are unknown, compared to alamo,dollar,thrifty or avis etc.
    this was an experience i endoured and will never again do any business with family owned rental companies. fortunately i disputed all these false charges an got them reversed.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Use National. Many DR1 posters have used them with out a problem.

Also take a look at Prestige. Tom the owner runs a good business and also used by DR1 posters.

Prestige Car Rentals Dominican Republic - Casa de Campo LRM La Romana & Punta Cana Bavaro PUJ Airports

Tell them DR1 sent you and they will look after you.

If you need contact info for the people on the ground here, let me know and I can help you out, they all speak English.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman33 View Post
    This company has both the car I am looking for and the lowest price at PUJ but I know nothing about them except that they are from Germany.
    Do not go for the lowest price, you will regret it, trust me!!

Go for a company recommend by others.
    A company that will support you if you have a problem etc.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I found out a reason not to use that Sixt company, they charge a 750 euro deductible to everyone for any damage.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I found out a reason not to use that Sixt company, they charge a 750 euro deductible to everyone for any damage.
    Trainman with the fender bender you had the last trip how did you make out with the rental agency? Did you take out full coverage or use your CC for CDW?

As previously mentioned don't go for the cheapest but look for full coverage, rental agency or CC, to stay out of jail.
    Last edited by bigbird; 12-22-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I used my CC and then Visa denied me coverage because I had an open ended (the standard) contract. One of those fine print things you never hear about. This time I will take the coverage Avis has.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Train wreck lives on!

I used my CC and then Visa denied me coverage because I had an open ended (the standard) contract. One of those fine print things you never hear about. This time I will take the coverage Avis has.
    You of all people should not be anywhere near a motor vehicle in RD.

Happy Holidays!

tio tambo'

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Trainman33

My names Adam and I'm the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

If you would like me to help or assist in any way with regards to any car hire request, Please feel free to contact myself at any time

My email address is [email protected]

Wishing you a great Christmas and new year holiday period and I look forward to hearing from you