Dear Edenorte:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Over a month ago on a Saturday morning we called to report our meter on the street literally burned up, had partially melted and we had no power. It was the weekend, and you said it's not an emergency so we'd have to wait until Monday. So we had our electrician come out and Jury Rig the wires to have power. You never came out.

Two weeks later we called again. You said the ticket was closed.

The following week we delivered the partially melted meter to your office and asked for a new one. You said you didn't have any.

A week later we called falsely claiming a melted wires and sparks. You sent someone out. We met him, told him the story, showed him the Jury Rigged wires. He said it looked OK to him, and he went on his way.

So yesterday we get a bill that shows our monthly consumption rose by 120kw (but still under 700kw.) We go to your office and meet the manager. He explains our meter reading showed increased usage. I point out our former partially melted meter still on a table in his office and let him know that was the meter we brought back weeks ago-by comparing the meter number with the number on our bill.

He said, "well somebody read your meter." Sir: we don't have a meter. That's what we've been trying to fix.

He seemed confused.

:cheeky:

What a country!

More when the final results are in.

Reactions: Tamborista

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I am sure this would be funny if it was not so frustrating.......... keep us posted.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Over a month ago on a Saturday morning we called to report our meter on the street literally burned up, had partially melted and we had no power. It was the weekend, and you said it's not an emergency so we'd have to wait until Monday. So we had our electrician come out and Jury Rig the wires to have power. You never came out.

Two weeks later we called again. You said the ticket was closed.

The following week we delivered the partially melted meter to your office and asked for a new one. You said you didn't have any.

A week later we called falsely claiming a melted wires and sparks. You sent someone out. We met him, told him the story, showed him the Jury Rigged wires. He said it looked OK to him, and he went on his way.

So yesterday we get a bill that shows our monthly consumption rose by 120kw (but still under 700kw.) We go to your office and meet the manager. He explains our meter reading showed increased usage. I point out our former partially melted meter still on a table in his office and let him know that was the meter we brought back weeks ago-by comparing the meter number with the number on our bill.

He said, "well somebody read your meter." Sir: we don't have a meter. That's what we've been trying to fix.

He seemed confused.

:cheeky:

What a country!

More when the final results are in.
Wait you see the invoice with the total amount $$$ you will be charged for meter damage.:paranoid:
JJ

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Same Story At The "Water Dept."

I got a HUGE water bill,so I went to the main office in Santo Domingo.After having a conversation similar to yours,only substitute "water" for "electricity", I was seeing red! She said it was so high because I was charged more because they had "mistakenly" charge me more because I have a water well,but I don't have a well. I said "Yes I DO have a well!" "NO! you don't" she said. "Yes I do!" "No you don't!.........................I said "Phuck You!" and left. Got a plumer to run a line around the meter,FREE WATER NOW! :paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Reactions: cobraboy

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I got a HUGE water bill,so I went to the main office in Santo Domingo.After having a conversation similar to yours,only substitute "water" for "electricity", I was seeing red! She said it was so high because I was charged more because they had "mistakenly" charge me more because I have a water well,but I don't have a well. I said "Yes I DO have a well!" "NO! you don't" she said. "Yes I do!" "No you don't!.........................I said "Phuck You!" and left. Got a plumer to run a line around the meter,FREE WATER NOW! :paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
LOL...the Dominican way!

Rep...

blonde_for_life

Mar 21, 2010
Same thing happened to us Although we had gotten them to remove the meter because we moved to a different apartment in the same building and we were still getting charged double even triple of normal consumption because we got rewired and were paying for three other apartments at the same time!!! And they were not generating bills for the new place and then suddenly cut the power after generating five months of bills in one day!!! Even though we had paid the previous bills for the other place now we had to pay in double for the new place so may thru September has been paid in 2 contracts same energy.... What a f"up system they have in DR and forget about having a refund!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
"Refund"

A refund does not exist in the DR. Once $ leaves your hand it will never come back no matter what. Dominicans do not seem to even understand the concept. You pay, its over.