Going Back - what can I expect?

Dec 21, 2010
Hello all. My first thread started. Glad to be here.

Bear with me, Im sure this has been asked a million times so here we go again. Any reply is appreciated even if just to point me to past threads. Kind regards and Felix Navidad ;)

I was born in the DR but am American so I have dual citizenship I'm told. I also speak Spanish fluently and perfectly. Im ready to go back now in my late 40s but I hear getting work is like winning the lottery. What is the reality that I can come back and make DR as my home again 25 years later? I can get my Dominican Passport in Miami if need be. I assume re-entry as a ciudadano is preferable?

I am single again and ready for a change. Traveling alone.

Experience: Food and Bev management from wayyyyyy back in the day. More recently construction project management.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You are going to need to network, network, network, unless you have lots of middle class and up friends and relatives that can help you out.

But...

If you Spanish is great and you have an American work ethic, that will help open a few doors. You just need to put yourself out there and see what comes your way.

You should start by posting your CV here in the employment section.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You are going to need to network, network, network, unless you have lots of middle class and up friends and relatives that can help you out.

But...

If you Spanish is great and you have an American work ethic, that will help open a few doors. You just need to put yourself out there and see what comes your way.

You should start by posting your CV here in the employment section.
Robert is right on. One of our wine suppliers has recently hired someone in a similar situation as a salesman and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Go for it.