Networking...

LIZ87

Sep 7, 2010
Hello All,

I just moved to Santo Domingo recently. I have made many guy friends but I want to meet girl friends that I can hang out with.

I have family and cousins but they can't go out for fun as much as I can. Is there any networking sites where I can meet people here in Santo Domingo? If so, please let me know.

I am just looking to meet new people.

Thank You in advance.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I've heard Facebook and some other sites like hi5 but honestly I don't know how people make friends through Facebook if you don't have some already. Maybe you could search "Santo Domingo" in Facebook and see what comes up and start sending out friend requests. The good things are Dominicans are generally very friendly. Best of luck.

Mar 1, 2009
I would sign up for a class in one of the universities, or join one of the gyms. The folks that afford to attend places such as those usually have money, connections and so a) you won't to pay for them when you go out, & if b) if you are cool enough ;) they might introduce you to their friends.

I went to Alliance Francaise and met many nice people. That is one example. Cheers!

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
I would sign up for a class in one of the universities, or join one of the gyms. The folks that afford to attend places such as those usually have money, connections and so a) you won't to pay for them when you go out, & if b) if you are cool enough ;) they might introduce you to their friends.

I went to Alliance Francaise and met many nice people. That is one example. Cheers!

This is good advice. I joined a gym and met a few people there. It does take work, though. I had to be shameless and tell people that I was bored and had no friends- pity seems to work! ;)

When I was a single woman in Santo Domingo, I met a great group of ex-pat women on this site. If you're interested in that, you might try posting something on the Santo Domingo board. Good luck!