Thread: Networking...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Networking...

Hello All,

I just moved to Santo Domingo recently. I have made many guy friends but I want to meet girl friends that I can hang out with.

I have family and cousins but they can't go out for fun as much as I can. Is there any networking sites where I can meet people here in Santo Domingo? If so, please let me know.

I am just looking to meet new people.

Thank You in advance.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard Facebook and some other sites like hi5 but honestly I don't know how people make friends through Facebook if you don't have some already. Maybe you could search "Santo Domingo" in Facebook and see what comes up and start sending out friend requests. The good things are Dominicans are generally very friendly. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

join the pages on facebook related to your place , they really help in finding friends .

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Get out and start talking to people in the supermarket the laundrymat or wherever you are, You will start to meet people. Just open your mouth and say Hola.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You can join Badoo - Free online dating, meet new people and find friends nearby. Personals with single men & women. and Tagged
    Try to avoid puta looking chopas and barrio trash. They have all kinds of women on these sites but chopas, cueros have taken aver.
    AZB

Post Thanks / Like

Unless I'm mistaken, the OP is a straight woman...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the OP is a straight woman...
    opppsss, sorry wrong number.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I would sign up for a class in one of the universities, or join one of the gyms. The folks that afford to attend places such as those usually have money, connections and so a) you won't to pay for them when you go out, & if b) if you are cool enough they might introduce you to their friends.

I went to Alliance Francaise and met many nice people. That is one example. Cheers!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You might try Elcorito.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lando calrisian View Post
    I would sign up for a class in one of the universities, or join one of the gyms. The folks that afford to attend places such as those usually have money, connections and so a) you won't to pay for them when you go out, & if b) if you are cool enough they might introduce you to their friends.

I went to Alliance Francaise and met many nice people. That is one example. Cheers!
    This is good advice. I joined a gym and met a few people there. It does take work, though. I had to be shameless and tell people that I was bored and had no friends- pity seems to work!

When I was a single woman in Santo Domingo, I met a great group of ex-pat women on this site. If you're interested in that, you might try posting something on the Santo Domingo board. Good luck!