Thread: Hiring Translator and Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hiring Translator and Guide

Hi there,

I am currently accepting resumes for a contract job lasting aprox 2 months as a start. A long term placement may become available.

I need someone who knows the Punta Cana area well, must be fluent in English and Spanish, both written and spoken and must be available from January 8th till Feb 28th.

The job is fairly simple, I am in the area researching a new venture and will need someone to accompany me to different sites and help with communications between govt agencies and local business operators.

Please submit your resume to: [email protected]

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to leave the DR and go back to Canada and NOW I'm starting to see job postings after the fact! LOL Life truly is ironic at times.

Wish I could help. Good luck to you.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Advise to the OP:

You should provide the following additional information, it may get you bigger response rate:

1) approximate compensation
    -- is it paid daily, by-weekly, monthly, etc?
    (You would need to pay at least some money up front, nobody would run around with you giving you time and effort and knowledge only to get burnt afterwards)

2) Work hours - daily work hours + whether work is expected on weekends, and if so, what hours

3) Punta Cana/Bavaro based only? If your guide is form other location -> what about transportation to/from Bavaro?

4) Are meals provided or do they have to buy their own meals? If meals are provided, then which ones? (I guess that would depend on work hours).

5) More detailed work description. Do you just need a "driver" to get you around and "translate" for you, or are you looking for somebody to share your knowledge and inner-workings of the DR/PUJ area with you? In that case it may be more a consultancy job than guide/driver/translator.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought early this morning... I think I gave it a red flag...There were a lot of spammmers out there this a.m.
    Yawn!

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Advise to the OP:

You should provide the following additional information, it may get you bigger response rate:

1) approximate compensation
    -- is it paid daily, by-weekly, monthly, etc?
    (You would need to pay at least some money up front, nobody would run around with you giving you time and effort and knowledge only to get burnt afterwards)

2) Work hours - daily work hours + whether work is expected on weekends, and if so, what hours

3) Punta Cana/Bavaro based only? If your guide is form other location -> what about magnification lamp to/from Bavaro?

4) Are meals provided or do they have to buy their own meals? If meals are provided, then which ones? (I guess that would depend on work hours).

5) More detailed work description. Do you just need a "driver" to get you around and "translate" for you, or are you looking for somebody to share your knowledge and inner-workings of the DR/PUJ area with you? In that case it may be more a consultancy job than guide/driver/translator.
    Spammers?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Frothy View Post
    Spammers?
    who cares??? this thread is from December 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Of course it does! This is not Nuc. Sci 2532. It's a website!
    And your attempt to add spam links is pitiful!
    HB

Moderator DR1.com