Where can I study in DR?

I

Isabel Rioja-Scott

I would like to ask anyone out there if they know of any institutions or universities that offer study abroad programs anywhere in the Dominican Republic. It would be non-credit undergraduate or graduate level study, preferably in international relations or political science, but also in history or cultural studies.

I am fluent in Spanish, recently visited the DR (Punta Cana, Higuey, Bavaro) and fell in love with it ... I would like to go back formally for more than a vacation.

Any information whatsoever would help ... thanks in advance to anyone who replies!!

un saludo,
Isabel

C

catherine

hey im interested in study abroad programs in universities in the Dominican Republic also if you get information can u email it to me thanks

A

A.J.

Check out the programs through CIEE to get and idea of US based programs that have study abroad- credit availible programs.

There is also the posibility of entering directly into the University. In Santiago there is PUCMM (Pontifici Univerisidad Catolica de Madre y Maestra) they have a web page.

There is also UTESA- Technological university- with campuses in Santiago and Puerto Plata- offers all kind of courses not just Tech.

There is also UASD in Santo Domingo and a few others I do not know the names of.

R

RW

Try APEC in Santo Domingo as well. They have many students who study abroad. Also, I have heard that UNIBE (Santo Dom. also)has a good program for foreign students but I am not sure. I believe that both have web sites.

L

Lisa

Learn Spanish Cheap in Puerta Plata

Wanna spend 5 wks in POP to learn Spanish. Any recommendations for schools or private lessons. I'm a medical student. Don't have much money