Grand Paradise Bavaro

dude1

Dec 26, 2010
With a name like Grand Paradise , why are reviews either HORRIFIC or Excellent ??

if you read any review forums on this hotel clients either had the worst possible vacation from hell of their lives or they loved the place/beach/staff were friendly and helpful etc?

do Hotels play against eachother online putting down other hotels would be a possible explanation otherwise the reviews would be more 'similar' instead of drastically different/totall opposite

???

can any locals comment? - and thanks!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
First of all hotel names often have absolutely nothing to do with the quality or lack of quality. It is all about Marketing.

Do organizations say good things about themselves and bad things about others? Sure they do!

Sometimes the difference between reviews can be summed up by expectations! One person may expect a truly 5 star experience and be disappointed by a 3 star delivery. Someone else with little experience may think the 3 star delivery was fabulous!

If you are interested in one particular hotel, read read read from as many different sources as you can. And read about comparable hotels as well.Make sure your expectations match what they can deliver.....

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Unfortunately I can't offer any first-hand advice on the Grand Paradise Bavaro but I can surely understand your frustration. It's almost impossible to glean anything from the reviews... as you say, it's either the best place in the world or the worst vacation ever. I stayed at the Riu Merengue in Puerto Plata last month and had a very nice time. Especially when you consider it was under $100 per night for the two of us. That said, I recently read several reviews from people who stayed there the same time I did and they said it was just awful. What do you expect for $50 per person per night? The food was edible and the drinks were awesome.

All I can say is try to read between the lines. You have to somehow get past the prejudices and insane expectations of the reviewer.

dude1

Dec 26, 2010
both great responses and thank you .......... This was a very short planned getaway for a xmas present so there wasn't a ton of time to plan nor were the options plentiful for our location of flights and dates. Trip was purchased through SUNQUEST who did not give any bad input on the resort nor would they when taking our money however they were honest about expectations and steered us to a particular location in the hotel given our needs

just nervous between the very MIXED opinion reviews we've read, combined with a horrible to the eye/read weather forcast - again we're not used to the carribean forcasts and how they say showers but then show a 20% chance of precipiation?

must be the cheap gonja LOL!

really appreciate everyone's help here from the board.......... busy packing away here

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha
if the Weather forecast is for more than the next 24hrs in advance,
just don't read it, not worth to consider.
in case of teh Revieqs thingy, eaxcatly as stated in the 2 posts above,
the biggest Point for ''horrible reviews'' is usually wrong expectations of the Visitor,
maybe due leak of research prior to booking, maube due a bad Job done by a unknowleagable Travelagent who had only read the Travelbrochure but never visited a Place and glorifies a mid class location up to 5 star top notch.

Happy Travels

Mike