Be Live Grand Bavaro in the Punta Cana area

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
Happy holidays everyone!
We will be staying at Be Live Grand Bavaro in the Punta Cana area in January. Are there any villages within walking distance? If not, where is the nearest area for shopping and restaurants? What are the current guagua and public rates to the nearest village? Any information on the area would be helpful. Thanks.

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
Thanks for the information Hlywud and miloskorac. I?m glad to see we won?t be stuck in the middle of nowhere. Can anyone recommend good restaurants and bars outside the resort? Any sightseeing spots or tours that is worthwhile? Thanks.

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
Where is the best place to exchange currency in Cabeza de toro? Thanks.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
pay your shoppings or off resort drinks etc in US$ or take Pesos cash out of a ATM.
there is no real exchange Booth in Cabeza de Toro.
a worthwile small local restaurant, open Air styled, is located on the street in front of Your Hotel a couple hundred meters away.
leave the maingate and turn lft, then walk to the point where the Vendors Shops/Gift Shops begin, it is right there BEGIND the first shop, on the other side of the street than your Hotel.
walk the same mainroad a 30 meters further and you see on Your right side the Toro Bar, quiet Busy with Hotel Guests in the evenings.
the Typical Local Hangout Spot, My Own Fav "Watering Hole", is named the "Colmadon", located on the Backside of Your Hotel. leave the Maingate, turn left, after you passed the Toro Bar turn left, it is a small sandy piece of street, just 15 meters long, at it's end turn left again, walk straight along yje paved Road and after 150 meters you see the Colmadon on the right hand side, most likely you will here the music from there all day long and til late Eve on Your Room anyways, lol.
Beers are cold there, 50 Pesos for a Peque?a, always interesting to sit on a Barstool on the Streetside and watch what's going on in the lil Town.

welcome to the 'Hood

Mike

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
Thanks for the info Mike. I?m looking forward to exploring the area.