Beach Hotels, Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naushniki

Dec 23, 2010
Hi all,

I'm traveling to POP next month and would like a hotel very close to a nice beach but also not far from the city itself. Which one do you recommend?
VH Victoria
Allegro
Fun Royale
Lifestyle
Puerto Plata Village (probably not very close to the beach?)

I am also considering these which seem farther away but probably have nicer beaches?
Celuisma Playa Dorada
Luperon Beach Resort
Be Live Carey
Sosua Bay Beach Resort

Boy, do I feel lost: I want both beach AND fun:) All recommendations are appreciated. Thanks for your help guys.

Reactions: waytogo

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I've stayed at Victoria, and it's very nice. But it's very quiet and not directly on the beach it's on the golf course. However, by staying there you get full access to the sister hotel, Gran Ventana which is on the beach and they have bigger pools and nightly shows etc. You kind of get the best of both worlds, because Victoria is nice and quiet for sleeping etc...and there's no kids running around splashing and screaming... but when you want the action you go to Gran Ventana. They have a free shuttle (golf cart) that they drive you back and forth with... the food was great at both hotels too and you get a variety since you can access both...

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Hi all,

I'm traveling to POP next month and would like a hotel very close to a nice beach but also not far from the city itself. Which one do you recommend?
VH VictoriaPLAYA DORADA OFF THE BEACH
Allegro PLAYA DORADA RIGHT ON THE BEACH
Fun Royale PLAYA DORADA - NOT RECOMMENDED
Lifestyle COFRESI - BEACHNOT AS NICE
Puerto Plata Village (probably not very close to the beach?) PLAYA DORADA OFF THE BEACH

I am also considering these which seem farther away but probably have nicer beaches?
Celuisma Playa Dorada PLAYA DORADA, RIGHT ON THE BEACH
Luperon Beach Resort A LONG WAY FROM PUERTO PLATA
Be Live Carey SAME BEACH AS LIFESTYLE
Sosua Bay Beach Resort LONG WAY FROM PUERTO PLATA

Boy, do I feel lost: I want both beach AND fun:) All recommendations are appreciated. Thanks for your help guys.

Yup you are lost. Okay - Playa Dorada has like 15hotels. I noted above which are right onthe beach and which are off the beach.Off the beach is about a 5 or 10 minute walk to the beach. Hotels have shuttles that will take you.

Playa Dorada and COfresi are about equal distance from Puerto Plata just on opposite ends of the city. Playa Dorada is east and Cofresi is west.

Sosua is 25minutes away and Luperon is way further - I don't know exactly maybe 45 minutes away.

Hope that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.