Fed Ex or DHL ??????

cindi

Dec 26, 2010
Is it possible to send mail to Canada by Fed Ex or DHL or UPS ????
And what is the cost from Puerto Plata to Toronto ????

blonde_for_life

Mar 21, 2010
Hey my husband sent an enveloppe that was pretty large to me from puerto plata to the south shore of Montreal and it cost 1000 pesos and was next day delivery and I was able to track it online ! I was really surprised that such technology worked from DR lol and the envelope was pretty big and was mainly papers and photos they go according to weight of package and they are the most reliable and cheapest

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hey my husband sent an enveloppe that was pretty large to me from puerto plata to the south shore of Montreal and it cost 1000 pesos and was next day delivery and I was able to track it online ! I was really surprised that such technology worked from DR lol and the envelope was pretty big and was mainly papers and photos they go according to weight of package and they are the most reliable and cheapest

Which company did he use to send it? You say they are most reliable and cheapest, but don't say which company you are speaking of.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Which company did he use to send it? You say they are most reliable and cheapest, but don't say which company you are speaking of.

I'm guessing she had a blonde moment :classic:

Sorry, the devil made me do it :cheeky:

AE
(blonde from this point forward anyway...)

Reactions: Celt202
Feb 7, 2007
Check the EMS (Express Mail Service) from Inposdom. I think that is the only delivery-guaranteed mail service outbound from the DR, which will actually get delivered. you can do online tracking, usually on the sender's county postal website as well as receiver's country postal website. It will not be detailed fedex-like or UPS-like tracking, but you will know of the progress (like DR customs, left country, entered delivery country, entered destination city, delivered). Think of it like tracking details you would get with USPS.

It will be cheaper than Fedex and UPS, and it should be in Canada within 3 days, then +1 more for local delivery.

here is the link:
Express Mail Service (EMS)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Use fedex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They ship from the DR all over the WORLD! and versa visa!!!:knockedou
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
My husband has sent stuff to me from Puerto Plata to Toronto area using UPS. I've always received the package the next day or 2 days max.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
We have used UPS and DHL without any trouble. It will cost approx $60-70 to send a document envelope and is very reliable.

You can use DHL, FED EX or UPS.

Purolator will forward your package via DHL if you are sending CANADA-DOMREP

There used to be an office on the opposite corner to the metro bus station in POP that was very easy to use. Their sign said they handled the 3 major couriers. We used UPS.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We have used UPS and DHL without any trouble. It will cost approx $60-70 to send a document envelope and is very reliable.

You can use DHL, FED EX or UPS.

Purolator will forward your package via DHL if you are sending CANADA-DOMREP

There used to be an office on the opposite corner to the metro bus station in POP that was very easy to use. Their sign said they handled the 3 major couriers. We used UPS.

I don't think DHL handles the US any more ??

They're more international.... but not US as far I know

There may be more wisdom than mine out there:(

WW

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008

WW

I use DHL to send things to the US.

I prefer them over FedEx because they will ship a passport, as long as the recipient is an embassy. FedEx will not ship a passport regardless of who the recipient is.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I use DHL to send things to the US.

I prefer them over FedEx because they will ship a passport, as long as the recipient is an embassy. FedEx will not ship a passport regardless of who the recipient is.

Thats where I first met them - DHL - sensitive document shipping.

Maybe they ship into but not out of the US ?

There is some restriction in th last few years... my memory, anyway:dead:

WW

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006

WW

The original question was about shipping documents from Puerto Plata to Toronto CANADA.

You quoted me but I didn't say anything about the US. Did I miss something?

armanipapi

Dec 30, 2010
i was in dr in april and i wanted to send a box with motorcycle parts, my friend took me to the ups in puerto plata, they charged me per pound, my flight was the next day and when i got back to florida my package was already here. very impressed with their services.