Helicopter for rent in Santiago

Nov 25, 2008
Go to the airport in Santiago in the OTHER [left side] Customs, they will inform you of people who have Helicopters and they rent them out with their pilots

May 5, 2007
Anyone know if there is any helicopter on rent in based Santiago?

Hate to worry you, but: I have seen how they maintain fixed wing, at least you get a chance to make a power off landing, rotors...no way. I looked at a R 44 (about as complex as a go kart) that was doing some type of demo off Malecon, had 3 of it's 8 instruments down

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Go knock on the gate at FC's big house above the Gran Almirante in Cerros de Gurabo. Maybe you can borrow the one in his back yard.

May 5, 2007
Then you know about R44 doing looping over Texaco in Bavaro?
Or plastic R-22?
And what does it says on the side of the chopper, don't do negative G.
As the propellers can stall.

Well, that you can not do on Huey helicopter, Bell UH01 and similar. 11 fox on this baby, never felt more safe that flying Huey, don't you think?

The "big" Robinson (R 44) is a reciprocating maxed out 2000lb machine with a usable load of 4 SMALL people with a 300 or so mile range, the UH 1H and variants (No idea what the UH 01 is)are turbine powered rotors with lift of 3000 on up to 7000 pounds. That makes as much sense as comparing a moped and a SUV
No, I do not "know" of a looping R 44 over Bavaro but I assume you must, no idea why a "looping" R 44 would not cut off it's own mast with negative loaded blades though
I have seen video of an A 64 Apache and a CH 53 Sea Super Jolly Green doing a loop, but again the only thing in common between these and a Robinson is the use of rotor blades

Personally, I don't feel safe in a"Huey" or ANY Helicopter for that matter, they are not supposed to fly