My Top 10 Predictions for 2011

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
These are based on 6 years of Google data and millions of searches.
Plus looked at our own keyword related stats, which pretty much emulate Googles.

1) Cigar Industry - Decline
Been declining for years and I predict the trend will continue.

dominican_cigars.gif

2) Real Estate - Decline
No surprise here. More of the same in 2011. What happened to Trump?

dominican_realestate.gif

3) Tourism - Decline
Despite what the Government wants people to think, it will go from bad to worse, especially outside of the Republic of Punta Cana. No change in 2011.

dominican_republic.gif

4) Mamajuana - Increase
Great news for the export sector, no so good if you're a sea turtle.

mamajuana.gif

5) Confused Men - Increase
DR1 will see an increase in men being taken for a ride and not taking the advice of those posters that have the T-shirt. AZB's PM box limit will be increased.

papi.gif

6) Presidente Beer - Stable
Nothing new, more of the same. Market domination locally and stable exports.

presidente_beer.gif

7) Punta Cana - Stable
Will continue to be the #1 tourist destination in the Dominican Republic.
I predict flat growth, despite my gut feeling that tourism globally will increase in 2011.

punta_cana.gif

8) Sanky Panky - Increase
I predict a slight increase in those woman thinking they have found a "DDD (Definitely Different Dominican). Good news for Western Union, bad news for aunts, mothers and grandmothers that will continue to die 3-4 times a year.

sanky_panky.gif

9) Sosua - Decline
I predict that the new Mayor will continue the beautification of Sosua and the whoremongers and kidnapers will find other destinations.

sosua.gif

10) President - Stable
Leonel will continue to be more popular than any of the other presidential candidates.

popular.gif

Feel free to add your own 2011 predictions :)

Reactions: ben jammin

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I truly hope your prediction on #6 is right. I cannot imagine having to pay more than $2 for a Grande. I will just have to stop drinking if it increases, say another 50 cents. As for #9 Sosua decline, I predict the Mayor will be kidnapped, and later found in Boca Chica w/ several sankies in her hotel room:cheeky:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Well, it may be time for me to import my own beer to take on Presidente. I will call it El Diputado, "less filling, less taste".

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Real Estate --Decline. Who would have thought it! I was told that Real estate always goes up!

You sound like my uncle in 2005. Now he has 2 foreclosed homes on both sides of his townhouse and spends his entire weekend care-taking these properties, for free.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Maybe the cold weather in US and Europe will save this negative trend in tourism. When it comes to climate and beaches the DR is still a top destination. Punta Cana, Samana and Puerto Plata.

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
Despite some hard believers, i see a bad future for sosua aswell. "According to the chairman Jorge L?pez, of the Federaci?n de Empleados Hoteleros, in Puerto Plata, Sos?a and Cabarete last year approximately 5000 hotel employees were laid off or send away for an unpaid holiday. At least this claimed the chairman in a show 'Todo incluido' which can be seen on local TV station Channel 10. Many former employees are now trying to make a living as motoconcho or itinerant vendor. But in those trades the competition is fierce. The recently introduced measures to help Sos?a, according to the chairman, don't help much either to attract more tourists to the hotels."

So you see, things will be beter in Sosua for the 'rich' North-Americans and Europeans living there. They just care about their own live-style and are talking about 'their city, Sosua'. It doesn't belong to them. And do they care about the Dominican people or they just want to have a Sosua where the value of their own real estates increases? If that mayor continues with her 'big plan', there will be less tourists than now... A new special area to remember some judes that came there 60 years ago won't attrack tourists, believe me...

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Exactamente!

You sound like my uncle in 2005. Now he has 2 foreclosed homes on both sides of his townhouse and spends his entire weekend care-taking these properties, for free.
I am a broken man from real estate. i'm holding out for higher rents!:surprised

YUL514

Aug 28, 2010
I predict a slight increase in those woman thinking they have found a "DDD (Definitely Different Dominican). Good news for Western Union, bad news for aunts, mothers and grandmothers that will continue to die 3-4 times a year.

This one is the easiest to predict.Lets not be sexist,it could applied to both sex.

Mike

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

This one is the easiest to predict.Lets not be sexist,it could applied to both sex.

Mike

The same can be said about #5.