Trane Air Conditioners in Santiago

Dominicanero

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
Does anyone know the name of a company or companies that install Trane Air Conditioners in the Santiago area? I prefer the Trane brand due to having had good experiences with them in the U.S.

Nov 25, 2008
the company is in front of the new plaza "El Encanto, hasn't opened yet" that's located next to the hospital Cabral y Baez; like I said, in front of the new plaza their are numerous 1 floor stores, the company is called Refiequipo; street 27 febrero

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As soon as IO get back I will connect youwith one of the "good" guys who install and maintain A/C units...

Happy New Year.

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I dont think you can get Trane in DR. I believe all their components are USA made. Almost all of the AC units, brands and components in DR are Chinese names or low quality Asian knock-offs, like Daewoo, Samsung or Mitsubishi. Normally good for a couple of years before the seals start to deteriorate.

Jerry Albers

Dec 12, 2010
I had a trane air conditioner installed but I used my own guy. My brother in law works for Leon jemenes cigars and he had there a/c guy do it. he did a good job for me. Im a canadian electrician and im really fussy with my work. I requested he put the unit as high as possible and use as shorts as pipe as he could to prevent line loses and he did. Its worked good Since april. I can probably get u hes info. I think its was about $80 USD total.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
He installed an indoor unit, wall mounted or indoor remote with outside compressor and condenser with indoor evaporator and fan? I don't understand why he would have to use as short a pipe as possible if he used a self contained unit? What you describe sounds like a remote unit for a particular room. I didn't know Trane made self contained window or wall mounted units. I dont think it matters how long the liquid line is if you add insulation over the entire pipe its whole length and mount it away from anything that can radiate heat. Which can be self defeating if you live anywhere on the other side of the building or in an unshaded area.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Trane Dominicana C.xA.
Plaza Domyn Mall Mod.# 104
Esq. Autopista Duarte
El Embrujo I
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Phone: 809-971-8717