Why some Dominicans act like children

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
98.57% of 911 calls were prank calls​

Ironically, and in many cases with the line busy, 98.57% of calls made to the 911 emergency number between January and October 2010 were "pranks" and only 1.43 "real", a situation which merits help.

According to a report given to Diario Libre by the Minister of the Interior and the Police, in the indicated period the Call Center By 911, which is managed by the ministry, received 1,820,290 calls without purpose, such as children's jokes, and just attended 26,332 that were transferred to the entities that were entitled to give assistance.

article here:
98.57% of 911 calls were prank calls - DiarioLibre.com

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ
May 29, 2006
They should make a law that disconnects any phone that makes a prank call. That will fix their wagon.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Like they say, you learn something every day. I didn’t even know the DR had this service for emergencies. Does anyone know if it is available in the north coast, and have actually used it?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hey Renato, have you ever heard about taxi drivers getting prank??? Lot of people calls every day radio dispatcher taxi co. requesting all kind of services;
Prescription pick ups at drug stores, pizas, all kind of fast food, grocery supply etc. etc.
I remember my friend Lolo cab # 215 of Apolo Santiago having to eat a pizza because at the address he was suppose to drop off nobody called asking for that service.

JJ

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
In a real Emergency dont bother!! I have had to call twice, once when an intruder was in my house the other when a bad accident happened outside my house on both occasions no one answered.

Better to list the individual local services on your cell and call direct, I believe local emergency service numbers are located in the Codetel phone book.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The basic problem is so typically "Domininican" ....they instituted a "911" system, but they did not do it all the way. No address ID, no caller ID, and NO DIRECT ACCESS to the required emergency services.
You call 911: Then they call the Police, Fire Department or EMS!!! Much easier to make a note of the emergency numbers in the front of your phone book and call them directly.

HB

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006

When I called (4am) to report a horrible auto accident in Puerta Plata there was no answer, it rang and rang. Thought about stopping at the hospital to report it but the victims were all dead so it was not really an emergency any more at that time.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
In other countries, people know that their calls can be traced and that they will be prosecuted, that's all.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What Do You Expect?????????????????????

After all,they are all just BIG children!!!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Maybe they think if they "play it stupid" no one will call them for responsibility on what they have done. Just like kids- "it was not me", "it was not my fault", "it was someone else", "it was all her/his fault anyway", etc. etc, etc.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
this is what eventuates from a lack of a good example. when your leadership acts like children, and blames every bad outcome on something or somebody else, then you are going to raise a generation of infantile citizens, who see no point in acting like adults, basically because they do not know what an adult is.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Gorgon aren't you looking a little toooo deep into this ???

They are radio-shows about prank calls in France. We used to call our school when we didn't want take exams when we were younger. I dunno I am sure it stopped because now it is serious matter and calls can be easily traced down.

Every country has prank callers no ? Doing a pseudo sociological study on Dominicans because of prank calls and calling them children is insulting IMO and unfounded.

I am just saying....:(