Looking for metal work in dr

ron metzger

Jan 4, 2011
my wife is from puerto plata.Looking to move to the dominican republic, near puerto plata. I have 25 years experience in metal roofing and ornamental restoration. Working with copper, stainless,zinc and prepainted steel.I have done lots of design and fabrication.If there is anyone that has any ideas or helpful directions it would be very thankful.

Memo

Jul 30, 2005
Las Galeras
www.elotrowa.com
Metal working in the DR?

my wife is from puerto plata.Looking to move to the dominican republic, near puerto plata. I have 25 years experience in metal roofing and ornamental restoration. Working with copper, stainless,zinc and prepainted steel.I have done lots of design and fabrication.If there is anyone that has any ideas or helpful directions it would be very thankful.

Hi Ron,

Did things work out for you; are you doing metal roofing word in the Dominican?

Best wishes,

Memo

ron metzger

Jan 4, 2011
never heard anything back from anyone but i have had a babygirl there,and bought some property by puerto plata airport.hope to start building soon but i am in Toronto right now.but will be back there soon again.would like to stay but need an income first.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They do lots of it here - gates, window bars , some fancy, some not.
Metal roofing - sure
The pay may not suit you... gotta be lower than TO

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Plan to set up your own shop for custom iron working. Making the decorative iron bars for windows and stuff like that. I am sure you have seen what is being made here.

If you set up a modern shop, there is no limit as to what you could do all along the North Coast. Think about it.

HB

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Set up yourself. If you can put detail and good design into door and window security then you'll pick up the work. One thing for sure is that with every house that goes up there is security needed installed on all those windows, doors and driveways.