Bus Ride from Sosua to Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
I will be flying to POP in a couple weeks. While in DR I need to go to Santo Domingo to do the medical appointment for residency. My appointment is at 4:30 in Santo Domingo. Does anyone have an idea of which bus I should be taking from Sosua in order to get there on time? I've heard it takes about 5 hours but not sure if they are actually fairly punctual or if buses run typically on 'Dominican time'. Any help would be appreciated. I've never been to Santo Domingo so want to allow myself enough time to find the lawyers office as well.

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Metro Bus In Sosua

I have taken this trip many times, on both Metro & Caribe.

I prefer metro, nicer buses, very punctual, plus the Metro station is right in the heart of Santo Domingo on winston churchill street with all the malls, and restaurants.

So it will be easy to catch a taxi once you arrive,

Current price is 340 $RD pesos about $10 USD

I suggest taking the Metro as someone mentioned right in Sosua, next to Texaco gas station.

One correction to previous comment, the bus will also stop in POP (Puerto Plata) then Santiago but they both are only about 15 min.

I posted the time schedule from SOS (Sosua) they have also added two additional times 2:20 pm & 4:20 pm I think, but neither will get you to Santo Domingo in time.

I suggest the 8:20 A.M or the 10:20 A.M. as it takes around 4 hours maybe 3.5 to get to santo domingo, depends on the driver and those guys can drive, plus you do not run into rush hour, and less traffic in the mountains.

POP/STGO/SDQ 8:20 A.M.
POP/STGO/SDQ 10:20 A.M.
POP/STGO/SDQ 1:20 P.M.
POP/STGO/SDQ 3:20 P.M.
POP/STGO/SDQ 5:20 P.M.

Here is a direct link to the schedule

Metro Servicios Turisticos

SOS = Sosua on bottom right hand side.

Sosua is the closest station to the POP airport, the POP station is actually further near the center of town.

Plus Sosua is where the bus first leaves from so you will have the whole bus to select your seat.

Plus directly across the street is the public car station.

Hope that helps.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I have taken the 10:20 Metro from Sosua for afternoon doctor appointments and have always reached the doctor's office by 3:30 or so.

You will be fine if your appointment is at 4:30.

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
Take the Metro right there in Batey Sosua it makes one stop in Santiago for about 15 minutes and then goes directly to Santo Domingo. Where is your lawyer located in the Capital? Metro and Caribe are very punctual I prefer Metro because has only one stop.

We are going to Guzman Ariza's office in Bella Vista. Do Metro & Caribe both stop at the same place in SD or would one put us closer than the other?

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
I actually just went there last week. I have used both and Metro is by far closer. If you take Metro, the station is only a 10 min or less taxi ride. Caribe tours is quite a bit farther away. I found that when I used both, Carive tours left right on schedule, Metro was like 10-15 mins after they were supposed to leave at,no biggie. So both are pretty punctual, not dominican time :)

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Ok.
So following on from my last post on travel queries, which is best?Sosua -SDO
Caribe or Metro.?
Price is not a factor.

Jan 17, 2009
Ok.
So following on from my last post on travel queries, which is best?Sosua -SDO
Caribe or Metro.?
Price is not a factor.

Metro. Newer buses, very punctual service, less stops, much safer drivers, and above all, not as cold (sit close to the front of the bus) and noise as CaribeTours.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
metro is the bestest :)
two stops only and the buses are way nicer, just like mentioned above.

one thing that has not been said is that you are screwed with this timetable because the last metro bus to sosua is at 4pm. then at 5pm is the last bus to POP. last bus to santiago at 8pm (these go every hour on the hour):
Metro Servicios Turisticos
last caribe bus to sosua is at 7pm:
Caribe Tours | VIAJES

Status
Not open for further replies.