Study abroad trip at PUCMM (Santo Domingo)

rismith1986

Jan 5, 2011
Hello board!

First I would like to commend this board and all of its members who post on here frequently that made me aware of a lot of things in the DR. This information has been really helpful and imformative for my upcoming trip! With that being said...I will be leaving the States in May to study abroad in Santo Domingo at PUCMM (pucamaima I believed it is called as well). I will be there for at least 3 months and of course I will be living in Santo Domingo while going to school. I am 25 years old (male) and my Spanish is currently I would say at best intermediate (as of right now). I would greatly appreciate if anyone on here had some tips or suggestions about PUCMM, Santo Domingo, etc.

I am very excited about this upcoming trip and I again thank everyone who has passed on their experiences and insight this board thus far!

collegestudent

Jul 30, 2011
How was your trip? I plan on attending the same program in August...any suggestions? I have a few questions also if you don't mind me asking!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I must be lucky because I've broken all the rules and I'm still okay:

1. I drank the water.
2. I got married to a Dominican.
3. I knocked my "campesina" up - three times. :)

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
chip, it doesn't count as knockin up if you're married to the girl :) (and actually like her, to boot)