Is the Haitian Immigration roundup on again?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002

I was on my way to work this morning for Cabarete passing through Los Charamico's and noticed that the Police were stopping the Guagwa's and rounding up all the Haitians and putting them on the back of pickup trucks. Some were being handcuffed and many were trying to run away.

I haven't seen this kind of roundup in about 15 or so years when they used to do this at the Puerto Plata stadium on a regular basis and deport them.

Was this an isolated instance or is this going to be the norm once again?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

I was on my way to work this morning for Cabarete passing through Los Charamico's and noticed that the Police were stopping the Guagwa's and rounding up all the Haitians and putting them on the back of pickup trucks. Some were being handcuffed and many were trying to run away.

I haven't seen this kind of roundup in about 15 or so years when they used to do this at the Puerto Plata stadium on a regular basis and deport them.

The government anounced that they were going to do a round up after January 6th.

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
It's happening in the capital too

My friend was on the bus going to Bani from the capital, and they stopped her bus to check for Haitians. She also said they got rid of my favorite fried rib/chicharon shack on autopista 6 to bani which was run by a Haitian lady.....

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
What I heard on my favorite radio show is that yesterday tens of vehicles transporting illegals Haitians were towed to the police station located in Santiago in order to open an investigation, trafficking illegals or just giving a ride to a non documented Haitian in the DR territory should be risky at this time.
migration officer are looking for them as many "Juntas de vecinos" of Santiago city said if the government department will not enforce the immigration laws they will take action and will start pushing the Haitians out of their neighborhoods....

JJ

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002

I realy hope they are doing a very good job.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
To answer your question: Yes, there is a move to begin repatriating the hundreds of thousands of undocumented Haitians that have come over since the earthquake.

It seems ironic that with so many good construction workers here, and the reconstruction of Haiti getting underway (too slowly) there, that there is no move back to Haiti...

HB

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
I was walking down on of the busier streets in POP with my wife when a police truck came screeching to a stop beside me, a bunch of cops jumped out and were arresting Haitiens who usually sell things on the road there and confiscating there stuff. Took me a second to figure out what was going on and it scared the crap outta me at first as I haven't been here that long and wasn't sure what was happening. Thats was less than 1 week ago.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Makes good business sense because they are still letting totally undocumented Haitians come across the border on Guaguas for 7k pesos all in - bribes, payoffs and transport included - fully sanctioned, organised and expedited by the border guards.

I hope the border guards are kicking back to the immigration guys who are rounding up these people - just wouldn't be right otherwise.

And I am sure it will be nice for these Haitians to be home to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the earthquake.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
The Haitians are more corrupt than the border guards taking the brides because the Haitians paying these guards should know by now that if caught they will be expatriated back to where they came from. Therefore, the Haitians are worse off for corrupting the Dominican guards, while trying to achieve their desired destination, the only thing they accomplish is lose their hard earned money.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
So you see it as Haitians with fist fulls of money corrupting the poor border guards?

I suggest you go and take a look at the border to see what is really happening there.

And by the way, your logic must be utterly brilliant because it is totally beyond me.
Well done!

Reactions: MikeFisher

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
The Haitians are more corrupt than the border guards taking the brides because the Haitians paying these guards should know by now that if caught they will be expatriated back to where they came from. Therefore, the Haitians are worse off for corrupting the Dominican guards, while trying to achieve their desired destination, the only thing they accomplish is lose their hard earned money.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
So you see it as Haitians with fist fulls of money corrupting the poor border guards?

I suggest you go and take a look at the border to see what is really happening there.

And by the way, your logic must be utterly brilliant because it is totally beyond me.
Well done!

Oh so its beyond your understanding that the poor Haitains corrupt the guards? If I recall correctly Its the Haitians walking over to the Dominican side and offering the guards money, not the guards walking into Haiti offering to be corrupted. BTW its hilarious how any time someone say anything thought to be against Haitians all you Haitian proponets immibeately are hurt by it.......Please.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

This could be rewritten as follows. Is it still correct?

The Dominicans are more corrupt than the boat Captain that provides the yola because the Dominicans paying these Captians should know by now that if caught they will be expatriated back to where they came from. Therefore, the Dominicans are worse off for corrupting the boat Captian, while trying to achieve their desired destination, the only thing they accomplish is losing their hard earned money.

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we have such Roundups here on the East every once in a while.
and they are not just for Haitians, even that Haitians are the Majority of the caught indocumented Aliens, but there are always some very white Faces on the Trucks, too.
catch 'em all together

Mike

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
This could be rewritten as follows. Is it still correct?

The Dominicans are more corrupt than the boat Captain that provides the yola because the Dominicans paying these Captians should know by now that if caught they will be expatriated back to where they came from. Therefore, the Dominicans are worse off for corrupting the boat Captian, while trying to achieve their desired destination, the only thing they accomplish is losing their hard earned money.

It could be, however, Dominican aren?t being caught and then being deported back to Haiti as is the subject of this thread.

Also keep in mind that no matter how many Dominican are caught in the process of crossing over illegaly into PR, they will never number the amount of Haitians crossing over into the DR.

Although I really don?t know the actual numbers, there is probably 30 illegals Dominicans crossing over into PR per yola, and for evey ten yola that heads out on its illegal voyage maybe just one gets across. This adds up to roughly 10% of Dominicans crossing over to PR actualy get through. Like I said I really don?t have the actual numbers, so if anyone on dr1 has them please feel free to correct me.

Back to the thread, we could draw conclusion that on any given day 30 illegal Hatians cross over into the DR on an hourly basis, every day of the week, 365 days of the year. this sums up to 262,800 illegal Haitians on a yearly bases.:surprised

Mar 1, 2009
Please stop comparing the Dominican's entering PR in small, manageable number's. With the current massive Haitian presence. Border Guards be damned.

The Dominican's entering PR are not overwhelming the infrastructure, they are not pooping in the streets and throwing fecal material on the roof's of people's homes. There are not bands of Dominican children begging in the street's of San Juan, Mayaguez or Ponce and aggressively pounding on your window, kicking the door of your car and running away and giving you the finger if you dare to step out of your vehicle. There are no Dominican women sitting down on the corner of your street with two kids beside her begging with one sucking on her teat. So the comparison is not fair. It is flawed, flawed, flawed.

Haitian's have arrived in the hundreds of thousands to DR, Dominican's in PR maybe a 20 here, 30 there and they keep a low, low profile so cease comparing us, cuz it ain't the same. Stop making Dominican's seem like the bad guy's. We are not, the world has ignored Haiti and we Dominican's have given as much as we can, if we could we would give more. In the meantime, the world pounds it's chest in lamentation as thousands die of cholera.

You all know how giving Dominican's are, why undermine our culture by breaking our law's and harboring illegal's? You all want to be Harriet Tubman or Martin Luther King, but the fight to help Haiti, must be fought in Haiti, not in the street's of the DR. No matter how closeby we are.

When European's or North American's look at us they say/ask, what's the difference, they're all black?!! Well we see the difference and want/demand that you respect that.

I wasn't going to post, but dang I'm glad them Cibaenos finally had the cojones to do something.

Plus Balaguer, Pedro Mir, Bosch, Hostos all had a Puerto Rican connection and they we're welcomed in the DR so we are Paises hermanos'. Just because it, PR is a conquered occupied territory by the USA doesn't mean we are no longer connected. We also have a fraternal connection with Haiti (Ulises Heaureaux, Pena Gomez, Juan Pierre) all Dominican's with a Haitian background and they went far. Haitian's have always come to DR and they have been accepted as compatriot's and intergrated well. Just not in these numbers.

Sak Pase!

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009
Please stop comparing the Dominican's entering PR in small, manageable number's. With the current massive Haitian presence. Border Guards be damned.

The Dominican's entering PR are not overwhelming the infrastructure, they are not pooping in the streets and throwing fecal material on the roof's of people's homes. There are not bands of Dominican children begging in the street's of San Juan, Mayaguez or Ponce and aggressively pounding on your window, kicking the door of your car and running away and giving you the finger if you dare to step out of your vehicle. There are no Dominican women sitting down on the corner of your street with two kids beside her begging with one sucking on her teat. So the comparison is not fair. It is flawed, flawed, flawed.

Haitian's have arrived in the hundreds of thousands to DR, Dominican's in PR maybe a 20 here, 30 there and they keep a low, low profile so cease comparing us, cuz it ain't the same. Stop making Dominican's seem like the bad guy's. We are not, the world has ignored Haiti and we Dominican's have given as much as we can, if we could we would give more. In the meantime, the world pounds it's chest in lamentation as thousands die of cholera.

You all know how giving Dominican's are, why undermine our culture by breaking our law's and harboring illegal's? You all want to be Harriet Tubman or Martin Luther King, but the fight to help Haiti, must be fought in Haiti, not in the street's of the DR. No matter how closeby we are.

When European's or North American's look at us they say/ask, what's the difference, they're all black?!! Well we see the difference and want/demand that you respect that.

I wasn't going to post, but dang I'm glad them Cibaenos finally had the cojones to do something.

Plus Balaguer, Pedro Mir, Bosch, Hostos all had a Puerto Rican connection and they we're welcomed in the DR so we are Paises hermanos'. Just because it, PR is a conquered occupied territory by the USA doesn't mean we are no longer connected. We also have a fraternal connection with Haiti (Ulises Heaureaux, Pena Gomez, Juan Pierre) all Dominican's with a Haitian background and they went far. Haitian's have always come to DR and they have been accepted as compatriot's and intergrated well. Just not in these numbers.

Sak Pase!
yeah right, thats why puerto ricans are so fond of dominicans.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
yeah right, thats why puerto ricans are so fond of dominicans.
Yeah right, that's why here in America we Puerto Ricans and Dominicans looks the same.

Hablamos, el mismo idioma, tenemos la mismas religiones, bailamos la misma musica y comemos la misma vaina!!!

JJ