Nice Catch on Drugs

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
What they should have done was to mark the shipment radiologically and electronically and let it continue on it's course all the way to the distribution points. Then make the busts all the way up and down the food chain.

That will never happen because the trade could not exist without the collusion of law enforcement, port authorities and customs officials in all the countries involved.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
I am curious (perhaps naively) as to what really happens to the drugs after they are seized? Are they 100% destroyed or do some end up back on the street again?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I am curious (perhaps naively) as to what really happens to the drugs after they are seized? Are they 100% destroyed or do some end up back on the street again?

that you have to watch for in Colombia, where they sized it, he he.

sorry, I was commenting on the OP's 1500kg
either way still lots

and 1500 kilos are 1.5 Tons, exactly on the Gram.

That is indeed the $64 Million Dollar question.

a good question, huh?, lol

Mike

Reactions: Bronxboy

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Be careful Windeguy because in Europe the , is used as a decimal point. To separate thousands, Europeans used a space.

To confuse everyone even more :) there are several kinds of tons: the main ones are the metric ton (as Mike ) and the short ton used in the US (which is slightly less than a metric ton). The metric ton is used more around the world than its US counterpart.

Whatever the kind it is 1.5 tons is a loooooooot of drugs. I wonder if it wouldn't rank among the biggest catch in history.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
Whatever the kind it is 1.5 tons is a loooooooot of drugs. I wonder if it wouldn't rank among the biggest catch in history.

The famous Arturo del Timepo (Torre Atiemar) got caught with haands on 1200 kilos (1.2 MT) of cocaine in Spain.

Here is the list of 7 biggest drug busts in history
7 of the Largest Drug Busts in History

And February 12, 2009 7 tons of cocaine seized by Mexican navy
Mexican Navy Seizes Over 7 Tons of Cocaine - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Be careful Windeguy because in Europe the , is used as a decimal point. To separate thousands, Europeans used a space.

To confuse everyone even more :) there are several kinds of tons: the main ones are the metric ton (as Mike ) and the short ton used in the US (which is slightly less than a metric ton). The metric ton is used more around the world than its US counterpart.

thanks for that Info,
I did not see that Post before I posted my last one.
so the USA is using a differnt "Ton" than the Rest.
no problem, we've been both ""right"", ha ha.
I did not research what kinda "Tons" the Colombians use,
here in the DR the Metric Ton is the Norm.

never stopping to learn something New.

Mike

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
YouTube - Brazil - "They've gone back to metric without telling us."

The USA ton (also known as the "short ton" is 2000 pounds, the UK ton (also known as the "long ton") is 2240 pounds, and the metric ton is 1000 kg. ...

Every hustler on every corner in the US knows that a kilogram = 2.2 lbs. (metric to imperial std. conversion). How else could they buy their junk by the kilo and sell it by the ounce?

The US was supposed to adopt the metric standards in 1976. Those who never studied physics or chemistry are apparently far more numerous then those who have.

The Metric Conversion Act is an Act of Congress that then?U.S. President Gerald Ford signed into law on December 23, 1975. It declared the Metric system "the preferred system of weights and measures for United States trade and commerce", but permitted the use of United States customary units in non-business activities. The Act also established the United States Metric Board with representatives from scientific, technical, and educational institutions, as well as state and local governments to plan, coordinate, and educate the American people for the Metrication of the United States.

They said "Hell No" and that was that. That makes the US, Myanmar and Liberia officially the stupidest places in the World to try to measure anything.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I absolutely hate my weight in pounds, I will stick with kilogram thank you and make the conversions like a true hustler :)

Reactions: greydread

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I absolutely hate my weight in pounds, I will stick with kilogram thank you and make the conversions like a true hustler :)

75 tons of cocaine intercepted in Panama last year. Imagine how much there is produced. I grew up in Imperial measure until high school then Metric when Canada changed. In Canada a gallon is bigger than an American gallon. I've been converting both ways as long as I can remember.