Need to buy and AC

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Where can I buy a small affordable AC wall unit that comes with installation in Santo Domingo, and how much do they usually cost. Also are there any computer repair places that sell replacement keyboards for netbooks.

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Gazcue, but are there any companys that include installation in the purchase of the AC, i cant get a window unit because I have burglar bars.

Jan 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure that Plaza Lama has them priced with installation included. I got mine from their Santiago office four years ago, and included installation.

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Do you remember around how much it cost and how the process for installation went, thanks. I'm asking because I want to get a good idea on how I will go about the whole process without getting ripped off.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
J and G Computers on Casimira de Moira.. between Pasteur and Cervantes is your best bet for the keyboard for the netbook.. they are honest and will get you a price.. but you may find that it is cheaper to just get a new one.

I got my little Goldstar ac units from Plaza Lama.. around 5000 pesos each but no installation.. there is an AC shop across from LA Cadena on Pasteur that can do the very simple installation for you .. set it in the window, install the pipe for the dripping water..

Jan 17, 2009
Do you remember around how much it cost and how the process for installation went, thanks. I'm asking because I want to get a good idea on how I will go about the whole process without getting ripped off.

As far as I remember, the price sign read "installation included". I only recall that they came over to Cabarete and installed it, and came back again to check it out after a few months cause I was doubtful that the thermostat was working properly. I don't recall if we pay extra for them to come to Cabarete but we may have. BTW, this is for a regular unit (two units) that back in 2006 cost us RD$20k, not the window type.