Looking for dog.

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
I live in POP and am interested in purchasing a Doberman, Rodesian Ridgeback, or maybe a Rottie to make my wife feel a little safer. I was wondering if anyone knows of any local breeders in the area, or any for sale. Adopting an older dog would also be an option. Thanks.

oilrigr

Nov 30, 2010
hello fellow x canadian. i am considering buying a doberman before i leave here. but if you know of any breeders there please let me know. i want a doberman or rottie as well for protection on my 3 month trip.

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
Join the club

We are moving to the North Coast in March and are also interested in getting a Doberman or Rottie. If anyone has info on where to get these type of dog's please let us know. We would prefer to get a pup as we have a small dog (pomeranian) and don't want to risk it getting eaten.

Dec 21, 2008
Judy's Pet Lodge

May I be so bold to suggest contacting Judy at Judy's Pet Lodge

Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc.

She has lots of dogs needing good homes and is a not-for-profit animal shelter and boarding facility. Check the website for more information as I don't want to mis-state any of her information.

We actually "fostered" one of Judy's dogs in March and he was wonderful.

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
YES, YES, to recuing one of Judy's dogs!

You dont need a Doberman or a Rottie for protection. Any decent sized dog will do. I lived there years ago and we were broken into one night. The next day we rescued a young, skinny, long legged, malnourished mutt from the mountains - this was pre-Judy's and we had put the word out to our employees that we needed a dog. Well, they brought this poor thing to us on a chain, he wouldnt even lift his head to look at us. Just stood there with his head hanging until one of the workers walked by with his lunch. He threw a bit of rice in the sand and the dog sprang to life and devoured that bit of rice, sand and all. We took him because we felt sorry for him not because we thought he'd ever amount to any protection. Poor thing was terrified of the house. Never been in, I guess. Within a few days of regular food, he changed into a tiger! NO ONE could get near our house! I took him on long walks on the beach in Cabarete. This was in 1987 and 1988 before there was anything between Bozo beach and the town. He stayed with me, with his tail high and growled at anyone that even looked at me! I was young and blond and cute back then. We never had a problem with break in after Cambi came to live with us.
He turned into a great dog and lived a long and happy life. I brought him with me to PA where he never did get used to the winters, poor guy. He lived to 15 years of age.
Sorry, a little long winded here but the point is, rescue a dog and it will be grateful and defend you with it's life! : )
Sunny

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
I have spoke to AAA in Sosua and they don't have what I am looking for. I know any dog, mutt or purebred will protect if loved and cared for, but I am partial to the above species. I can't beleive noboby is breeding them here? I have seen a few around town, maybe on my next trip to Canada I will have to pick one up.

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
May I be so bold to suggest contacting Judy at Judy's Pet Lodge

Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc.

She has lots of dogs needing good homes and is a not-for-profit animal shelter and boarding facility. Check the website for more information as I don't want to mis-state any of her information.

We actually "fostered" one of Judy's dogs in March and he was wonderful.

Thank you so much for this info. I had no idea that there was a dog rescue on the North Coast. We will definately check it out.

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
hello fellow x canadian. i am considering buying a doberman before i leave here. but if you know of any breeders there please let me know. i want a doberman or rottie as well for protection on my 3 month trip.

You may want to try the new "alquiler de una perra" :cheeky:
:ermm:
You really gonna get a dog for three months?

BR