Medical licensing

K

Kelli

Hi, my husband and I considering moving to DR. I am an Registered Nurse with my BS in nursing and was wondering about the possibility of liscensing in the DR, as well as work in the medical field?

Thanks
Kelli Nelson

T

Tom

Kelli

find a message posted by ECH M.D and address your questions directly to him. You will receive an authoritative unbiased answer, one you probably will not like :-(

Tom

C

Charlie W.

Unless you would work for an American or European company on assignment in the D.R., or as direct contractor to the D.R. govt or other well established Dominican corporation, you are probably going to be paid in the Dominican strata of wages. And though you might eek out better wages because of your education and certifications, those wages will not be dramatically higher should you try to seek employment within the country on your own.

HILLBILLY probably can shed more light, but getting a job offer to the work in the D.R. from outside the country, will most likely command a higher salary. To most Dominican corporations, salaries in excess of 25,000 pesos per month are considered for executives or owners of companies. For Americans, those are poverty wages. Not even $400 a week at 25,000 pesos a month.