Britannia Menu Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
All the years I have lived in Sosua, have never eaten at Britannia. Instead, opted for the "locals" special at La Roca. But now that John is gone, I am looking around and plan to eat some meals at Britannia.

The menu looks very interesting, reasonably priced and clear as to what is served, except for the weekly Greek Night on Saturday and Mexican night on Friday.

What is included in those meals? Also, is the food spicy. My stomach rebels these days if the food is spicy.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I go there regularly and I've not had a bad meal with the previous or current owners.There is an extensive menu and you don't have to take the daily. The fish n Chips is the best. They have pub grub and American type food.
Prices are very good too.
Just try it, you won't be disappointed.
(No, I don't work for them!)

Aug 21, 2007
Ken- If you like La Roca, I think you might really like Britannia. Just give them a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

But if you like it, DO report back.

(No, I don't work for them, either. Nor do I own the business.)

Lindsey

Reactions: mike l

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks wrecksum and Lindsey, I an definitely going to eat there, probably before this week ends.

But I would still be interested in knowing what the meal is on Greek Night and Mexican Night (Friday and Saturday each week).

Aug 21, 2007
Thanks wrecksum and Lindsey, I an definitely going to eat there, probably before this week ends.

But I would still be interested in knowing what the meal is on Greek Night and Mexican Night (Friday and Saturday each week).

Seems easy to me, Ken. Why not just stop in and ask them what they serve on Greek night and how spicy Mexican night is.

I will be in Sosua tomorrow, so if you cannot make it there, let me know, and I will get the information for you.

Lindsey

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Lindsey, with all the people who indicated in a previous thread that they eat regularly at Britannia that getting this menu info would be easy and quick.

I'll most likely give it a try tomorrow night and get the info then.

Thanks for offering.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
I'd heartily recommend the loaded potato skins... ameal in itself or a starter for two to share... the missus raves about the carbonara, a friend ordered the homemade fish fingers three visits in a row... and the chicken quesadilla was as good as you'd ever hope to find in a proper mexican restaurant in Mexico itself... so I'd imagine their Mexican night would please your palet.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken- If you like La Roca, I think you might really like Britannia. Just give them a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

But if you like it, DO report back.

Lindsey

Reporting back as ordered.

Ate my first meal at Britannia tonight, and will definitely be going back.

Good food and nice atmosphere, plus friendly staff.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes, gravy, and vegetables. My son had the crunchy southern fried chicken.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Some days they have an English style steak and kidney pie.
OK, I think you have to be a Brit to really like it but it's a real-sized meal and very tasty!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm not a Brit but I am going to try the fish and chips tonight. Seen a lot of rave reviews for them. And a neighbor from Bermuda says they are as good as those sold in England.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Ken it was nice meeting you last night. I agree the fish and chips are great there. Had them last night. I even will stop by for the fish burger at lunch. They even have malt vinegar.

Bob K

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I've had the Shepard's Pie and it's really good. Add to that, their onion rings - super. Not at the same time, of course, way way too much food and it doesn't match.

Actually never had a bad meal there in 4 years!

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Brittania Food Menu

My wife & I always try and call in for a "daily special" or a "99 peso special" when we are in Sosua. Up to date, we have never had a bad meal there, and would recommend them to anybody that hasn't tried the food there

Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Mr. Smooth

Jan 23, 2008
The fish fingers are awesome. Pretty much any of the appetizers are tasty as well. One of my favorite places to eat when I'm in town.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've had the Shepard's Pie and it's really good. Add to that, their onion rings - super. Not at the same time, of course, way way too much food and it doesn't match.

Actually never had a bad meal there in 4 years!

I tried the Shepard's Pie last night. Great taste, plenty of gravy, but had trouble finding any ground beef.

Reactions: jrhartley

Kennyca

Dec 18, 2009
gocruickshanks.com
I liked the Britannia for the English breakfast even though it was overpriced compared to Pedro McMurphy's (gone) and the British Bulldog (gone). I like Ray and Sue, but after my experiences last year with the girl that works during the day trying to rip me off and pad the bill, and the same thing happening this year, I swore off ever eating there again. The best value breakfast in Sosua by far is La Roca at RD$125 for 2 eggs, bacon, homefries and many coffees... that's it RD$ 125... no extra for another cup of coffee or 10% added to your bill..

Status
Not open for further replies.