Status
Not open for further replies.

pas

Jun 7, 2004
witch one is that???

the one at the end of pedro calisante..

where that limo ia always parked??

May 29, 2006
Do they ever convert the abandoned hotels into local housing or is there some problem with zoning?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Jimmi, what was the hotel like when you stayed there...Ive always thought it seemed like a pretty nice place. Definitely a shame it's been closed all these years...

Oct 11, 2010
Hotels Converted To Housing

Do they ever convert the abandoned hotels into local housing or is there some problem with zoning?

In Sosua several hotels were converted into condos/apartments.

One Ocean Place Hotel was converted into condos/apartments. The Vista-Mar Hotel overlooking Sosua bay was converted into condos. Also the Villa Carolina Hotel was converted into condos/apartments. I believe there are several others.

Jimmi

Feb 19, 2002
www.sivan.dk
Jimmi, what was the hotel like when you stayed there...Ive always thought it seemed like a pretty nice place. Definitely a shame it's been closed all these years...

I definitely enjoyed it. I was there with my girlfriend at that time, and we stayed for two weeks. Even though it was all-inclusive the food was very tasty and somewhat varied. The pool was okay, and the whole layout was kind of cozy - especially at night when it was dark. The room was nice, spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly.

We walked around town day and evenings, and walked to the beach pretty much each day and also went to Saman? for day. Sosua didnt seem to me at the time, to have so many problems with sex tourism and stuff like that - there were many tourist families as far as I remember, but when I read things now it seems Sosua has unfortunately "hardened".

So in conclusion, I only have fond memories of our vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.