Deportations of Haitian convicts set to resume

getthesenets

Nov 4, 2010
Deportations of Haitian convicts set to resume - 5-Minute Herald - MiamiHerald.com

People(Haitian green card holders) convicted of crimes in the U.S. are going to be deported back to Haiti.

===================================================

Was listening to the free speech radio station out here and I was almost compelled to call in.

I think it's the right decision. You're a resident of a country...you have to follow the rules that apply to everybody. You break the rules..and you have to go.

I think it's pretty cut and dry. Exceptions will be made for maybe first time offenders or those with extenuating circumstances, but these aren't jay walkers or people with late library fines.

People don't scrimp. save, sacrifice to come over for their children to become vagabon.

The unfortunate thing about the deportations...and older Haitians have spoken about this to me.....since the crack era flood of people in the prison system....and the first deportations that I was made aware of of drug dealers and associated scum..these dudes mostly went back and being more advanced criminals..and being ashamed, disillusioned...wrecked havoc in Haiti....

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Well written balanced post!

I agree with you - the right decision for the USA but bad for Haiti. They don't need more problems.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
No time like the present!!!!! When would be a good time in your opinion??

Don't know when the country has a functioning government or police force. At present, Haiti would be the perfect ground for criminals to flourish, no ?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
This could get interesting in the future...put all the destitude people, criminals, sick people all in on festering basket right next door to the DR...will there be a day they will cross over in force....I forgot about the loyal boarder guards, they will stop em.
Too far fetched? Maybe....

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
This could get interesting in the future...put all the destitude people, criminals, sick people all in on festering basket right next door to the DR...will there be a day they will cross over in force....I forgot about the loyal boarder guards, they will stop em.
Too far fetched? Maybe....

Good point, it won?t take long, for those soon to be released ex-cons to make their way into the DR.

Que viva la patria.

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
Better in their own country than to turn them loose in DR. I just wish the United States did the same

US is doing the same the OP is about US deportation of Haitian criminals.
Under Obama the US has increased its deportations not just of haitians but world wide.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Maybe a few of them decides to help with the buildup of Haiti. They should be almost fluent in English.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Maybe a few of them decides to help with the buildup of Haiti. They should be almost fluent in English.

I know people that has been living here in the U.S. for 20 years of more, and fluency in English, is not in their vocabulary.

getthesenets

Nov 4, 2010
Good point, it won?t take long, for those soon to be released ex-cons to make their way into the DR.

Que viva la patria.

just asking an honest question. doesn't DR have it's own issues with deportee criminals?

I know this is a DR board and people are going to look at issues from that perspective , but often it's at the expense of logical thought.

unfortunately, there is drug trade, criminal activity, wealthy business owners(targets) and historically incompetent police force in Haiti....seems as though crossing over to the DR where there are already established criminals and better police force wouldn't be something that would make sense for a recent Haitian American deportee.

Did I miss something, though?