Weather updates??

coops

Jun 24, 2010
Hello all,
My wife and I are looking to book our holiday for this year but recent years have shown us to be very unlucky! Last year we had 11 days of rain out of a 14night stay!
I'm trying to check weather sites online but it states rain every day and some thunderstorms too..Can anyone out there at the moment confirm if this is the sort of weather you're getting?
We're hoping to get out there in the middle of Feb time.
Thanks!

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
Well not sure what sites your looking at, but the weather has been nice lately, don't remember the last time we had a thunderstorm. Rained a little in the night the other day, but other than that..... Try looking at theweathernetwork.com, I find them pretty accurate. Oh, I am in Puerto Plata.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Coops,
As you dont say where you are going in the DR it is hard to provide you with information.
On the North Coast some rain fall figures I have seen suggest that February is a better month than January in general. In our particular local area the average for the last four years has been : January 13.75 inches ; February 8.48 inches .

There is however a wide variation between years - last year being one of the wettest in the Sosua Cabarete area for about 5 years with 14.3 inches in February.
This January has been quite light so far with just 1.5 inches of rain so far and we are a third of the way through the month.
I hope it will be a good Janaury and February after all the rain late last year.

Hope that helps.

Olly

coops

Jun 24, 2010
we are going to sosua and looking on holiday weather.com which all ways says its raining for some reason.....? thanks for replys:ninja:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
BAse yurself in Sos?a and travel around. Unless you are in an all-inclusive, you can stay a few days here and a few days there.
For example, it seldom rains out in Punta Rucia, since the area is further west.

All told, the rains don't usually last all that long and you can get seriously sunburned even in the rain!!

If you get out and about, you'll have more fun...think about it...

HB