cabarete dreaming

S

Sean

Well,
As far as the mingling of different nationalities, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't meet many Americans in Cabarete (I am from the US by the way). There were many, many Canadians, many of whom I hung out with almost daily, and many of whom own and work in the restaurant/bar business. There were many Germans, and from what I was told, quite a bit more Swedes than normal. Very nice, very blond, and very beautiful.
As far as nightlife, I found most of my evenings, and days for that matter, spent between the Tiki Bar, say hello to Juli, and the Green Room, say hello to Kelly and Payton. Everything in between offers a nice mixture of culture, from the Dominican flavored Las Brisas, for some serious salsa/merengue dancing, to the New Wave Bar, Tribal Cafe, and Onnos Bar, all of which have bands on alternating evenings, as well as good house music, and multi-national clientele. It really doesn't matter where you are going for the evening, you will find yourself at all of these places before the sun rises.
As far as lodging, I stayed one night at Hotel Alegria, which was decent, and then met a friend, where I stayed for the next 6 nights. An interesting vacation story in itself.
I found most all of the restaurants good, and definitely enjoyed the Green Room for lunch, good wraps. The Hexeknessel (sp) has great German food and biers. One of my favorite meals, I must say, was at 4:30 in the morning, when I stopped at a small comedor on the way back to my home, off the back of a motoconcho. I wound up buying myself and about 6 Dominicans fried chicken and plantains. I made great friends, and eventually had to give away my t-shirt from all of the greasy fingered pats on the back.
Cabarete, to me, was one of the best places that i have ever been. Very laid back, friendly people, and enough of a small town atmosphere that making long lasting friends is too easy.
enjoy.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think everyone has got it now....

*DC* irriates some people, guess what? Deal with it!
I think you have made your point, it serves it's purpose when used correctly. Enough!

Don't bother replying to this message, it will just end up in the trash.

Rob.