Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Gasper Hernandez job-market

I will be moving to the Dominican Republic, specifically to Gasper Hernandez. Does anyone know what the current job-climate is like there and also the economic situation there ATM.

Cheers.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

Yeah, I am fluent in Spanish and really I would start by doing anything. I have spent only 3 weeks in Gaspeer Hernandez, 2 weeks of which I was imobile (an accident on at the river).

My girlfriend (who lives there) is half looking for me, but I thought i best to widen the search here too.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

Maybe sounds a bit OTT now, as I'm not sure of the eschange rate fluctuation since I was there last, but I was hoping for at least 12.000RD p/month.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

depends on the job, really. what are your skills, profession, education? chances for big money are quite slim, to be honest.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

I imagine they are quite slim.

Is there a sizable foregn community (specifically English) there in Gasper Hernandez?? Also, what a typical house-price abd also rent-typically how much each month/week? And also expendatures, eg, gas, electricty and also transport prices as I would look to buy a motorbike (insurance-if necesary, maintencance and the bike's actual cost)?? All based on Gasper Hernandez??

Cheers.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Check the situation out through your local family. Don't expect to get work if not connected and Dominican.

The current job market in GH is not very good. Tourism is very weak.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I've only seen a couple of gringo's in GH. I live there..... rent is ok, 2bdrm apt for around 5000 pesos per month (unfurnished)...as far as jobs, what are you looking for???? There isn't much available in GH for a foreigner to do. Your best bet would be to work in Cabarete and travel back and forth....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
    I think I've only seen a couple of gringo's in GH. I live there..... rent is ok, 2bdrm apt for around 5000 pesos per month (unfurnished)...as far as jobs, what are you looking for???? There isn't much available in GH for a foreigner to do. Your best bet would be to work in Cabarete and travel back and forth....
    In Caberete, just the fact that you are fluent in English is a plus for a job in tourist servicing business. There's regular guagua service and it's not an unreasonable commute. Still - you really won't make enough to do more than eat rice and beans and sleep out of the rain.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
    Sorry dude, I dont want to be the know it all negative person routinely found here on DR1, But unless you have a reasonable savings to fall back on,Then Your crazy!!!! and will be miserable and broke here...

I dont know your situation or your relationship with your novia, but I do know that she will not be the same sweet little dream girl when you do not have that disposable income like you have in the past on your vacations.

You will be lucky to make $200 U.S per month...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

Ultimately, I want a job that I can work at over the net. But, I would probably take any job I can get there. My girlfriend's family did have a family buisness, but recently sold up. Rent seems a lot more expensive than I was expecting. I was living in Los Quemados de Bonao and the prices were significantly lower (then again so was the standards of living).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast