Is Cable Car Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
few days ago i saw the car going up the hill so i presume it must be working. i will update you as i plan to take my friends up there. and in any case you can do a trip to the mountain in a normal car, driving. beautiful road too.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks dv8 and oriole100 for quick response.

Was thinking about going tomorrow, but will wait until Tuesday just in case it is closed for the holiday.

May 29, 2006
few days ago i saw the car going up the hill so i presume it must be working. i will update you as i plan to take my friends up there. and in any case you can do a trip to the mountain in a normal car, driving. beautiful road too.

Is there a relatively direct route from PP to the mountain top?

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
You can drive or climb all the way to the top.
Follow the signs to teleferico and continue up the road after the turn.
You'll need a good car as it's pretty steep.Parking at the top. If you walk, do not touch those stinging nettles with the bumps on the leaves.
Ouch! I know.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the road starts in san marcos. going from POP turn left from manolo tavarez justo to san marcos (shortly before texaco station). follow the road and turn left again towards the new cemetery. then just enjoy the ride. 15 minutes, maybe 20. beautiful views. drive all the way to the end, the road will fork: right to cupey, left to teleferico. take the left.
the road that followes is steep and slippery. better to have a jeep but i am sure it can be done in a normal car too. takes further 5 minutes or so to get to the top.

craneguy

Jan 16, 2010
I took the family there a couple of weeks ago. We were going to Ocean World but OW is closed on monday so we tried the cable car. It was great but maybe pricey for some people. 10$/person each way so like 80 US$ for family of 4. When you get there a whole bunch of guides come out of the wood work who try to talk you out of taking the cable car and hire them instead to show you the road that you can drive to the top for 18$. Spectacular view from the top.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I took the family there a couple of weeks ago. We were going to Ocean World but OW is closed on monday so we tried the cable car. It was great but maybe pricey for some people. 10$/person each way so like 80 US$ for family of 4. When you get there a whole bunch of guides come out of the wood work who try to talk you out of taking the cable car and hire them instead to show you the road that you can drive to the top for 18$. Spectacular view from the top.

Do you know if there is a reduced price for Dominicans/residents?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Do you know if there is a reduced price for Dominicans/residents?

As of last summer, the Dominican/resident price was 200 pesos. As many times as I have been to the cable car, I have never been charged twice - up and down - for the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.