spring break 2011

comoesta

Jan 11, 2011
planning a spring break to punta cana. Just wondering, is it a fun place for college spring breakers looking to have fun and party with other springbreakers. I read that most clubs are on the resorts, does that mean we will get bored because we cannot see any locals and party with locals. Is there a local town next to the AI resorts where tourists and spring breakers go to or is spring break in Punta cana just bound to the resort area. I am just trying to figure out where to go on sb and me and my friends narrowed it down between punta cana and brazil and want to make sure we will have fun.

Izz

Jan 11, 2011
Seems like Punta Cana is one of the hotspots of Spring Break 2011 this year.

15 of us are going in the first week of March for a week and staying at the Barcelo Punta .

Do it!!

comoesta

Jan 11, 2011
hey thnx for the reply. today we checked the tickets to brazil and they were in the 700s so we are leaning more towards punta cana or another place called playa del carmen in mexico. I am just kind of worried because i would like to meet locals and have fun with them... But from what you said i think punta cana will be the place we are gonna choose.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Hadn't heard that PC is a big spring break destination... but I guess just about anywhere is these days. To get any kind of real local flavor, you'll have to get outside the resort. The people at the resort, the reps from the travel agencies, etc., etc. will warn you over and over not to go outside... using scare tactics to keep your $$$ being spent inside the resort or with their co-op tour operators, excursions, etc.

As a former AI guest, and now a condo owner in PC, I CAN TELL YOU IT IS PERFECTLY SAFE to venture outside the walls of the compounds. Exercise the same basic cautions you would anywhere in the world, (including your college campus), and you'll be fine and have a great time. These are FANTASTIC people who are friendly, forgiving, and will (for the most part) treat you fairly.

The AI's are spread out along the entire coast of "Punta Cana" (35 miles), which includes a number of other areas. The "town" of El Cortecito is pretty much the center of things, so you might want to look for the AI's that are in that neighborhood. You can also now rent condo's, (not mine... it's not done yet. LOL), which include an all-inclusive package. This is something new which I just discovered myself. You can find out more about that at CheapCaribbean dot com.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time. It's hard not to here. Just remember this is not the USA, it is a different country with different customs and different sensibilities. Go with the flow and enjoy your adventure!

JUNE77

Jan 13, 2011
There is no "real" city in Punta Cana (in fact we should say Bavaro, Punta Cana is the location of the airport), no buzy street with clubs where you can walk and meet people.

Also on the hotel I doubt you will encounter that much party people. The hotels are pretty quiet at night (except for those lets dance the macarena tourist shows).

But there are some really nice clubs like Mangu and Imagine where you can party until 6 am. There is also nice beach clubs like Sol Es and Jellyfish with interesting events like techno DJs.

Enjoy!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
El Cortecito teh Center for Punta Cana's Local's Nightlife or such??
that's been meant as a joke, right?
El Cortecito has nothijg and is during the Nights mostly dead.
Local Nightlife is up in Veron and the Parties are on in Higuey.
there is a website that states Punta Cana as a Springbreak Hot Spot 2011,
as a fact til know Punta Cana never had real Springbreakers in any numbers nor any activities for 'em. it looks like as some of the cheapy resorts such as the Barcelo Punta Cana are in troubles with their bookings and need urgently some Customers, any Customers, for any Rates, so they point on the SB's now.
PC does not offer any suitable surroundings/amenities for them.
send 'em to Mexico

Mike

the dentist

Jan 19, 2011
4 of us are Punta Cana bound during the first week of march! PC, DR is the spot for 2011! Im so ready!