Codetel Modem/Router Information Help

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Has anyone used an ADSL Modem/Router other then the ones supplied by Codetel.

Like the NETGEAR Wireless-N 150 Router with DSL Modem DGN1000 Wireless router
(Model DGN1000-100NAS), trying to find out if it will work with Codetel Internet Flash instead of using their modem.

Thanks for any information.

D in Tampa/Santiago

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I plugged in a Cisco Valet Plus for the house and surrounding area and it works fine. It will not go through all of the concrete walls here but it will service most of the house.

I just plugged it into our router and it was fine...

The system goes like this.

DSL Modem from Codetel -> Encore Multiport Router-> Cisco Valet Plus WiFi router.(We have some hardwires in the system also.)

No problems (fingers crossed).

HB

P.S. Let me know how your system works out...should not be a problem...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Hillbilly,

Currently I have the Codetel Modem, a separate 8 Port Switch, and a separate Linksys Wireless Router, all wired in together.

The problem arises in that sometimes the 8 Port Switch goes off-line and all 8 port lights flash, thus the 8 port switch needs to be re-booted.

With a combination Modem/Router/4 Port Switch that problem would not occur. I am not concerned if the WiFi goes off-line, just need the extra Ethernet ports to stay up on Electric power transfers.

Codetel has a Thomson TG585 V7 unit that has all those features but I am not sure if they will let me switch and at WHAT COST!!!!!! That unit is kinda out of date, has only B/G, no N WiFi.

I can get the NetGear unit here in Florida for $79.

D in Tampa/Santiago

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I got the Cisco Valet Plus at Walmart for 89$...when the power goes out, everything goes out until the modem resets itself, maybe a few minutes..but it doesn't really bother me. It's not like I am day trading or anything like that...(the Cisco unit has N WIFI...)

HB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
SantiagoDR, call me this weekend. I can help. I have a setup like yours.
AZB