OK Motors Sosua/Cabarete

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
Anone have any experience with the car rental complany OK Motors located on the highway between Sosua and Cabarete?
Thanks!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Car Rental Co.

No experience with the company you mentioned, however I used Universal car Rental in Cabarate for many years. The always treated me fairly and will bring the car to you. They are located in a small kiosk about half way down the main drag,on the left, coming into town from Sosua. They also have web site.

S

ace

Apr 11, 2004
I have rented from Ok Motors the last couple of years since the owner Willi opened. I always use them for my 3 trip's each year. I'm here a total of 7 weeks per year. Being picked up and dropped off at the airport is very simple, either Willi or an employee wiil meet you as you exit customs with your name on a sign. The cost for the rental includes insurance and the cars are in very good condition. I hit a pothole and blew out the front tire , went to Ok Motors and had it fixed right away from the garage accross the street. If I had rented from the airport I may have lost a day dealing with them. I have several rental properties and always recommend them to my tenants. They are located next to the Costal on the mian road from Sosua to Cabarete , very easy to find. Willi is a stand up guy and very easy to do business with. Give them a try you won't be dissapointed.

Reactions: mike l

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What is considered to be a good price for a rental car such as a Toyota Corolla in the DR on the north coast?

alrita

Apr 28, 2012
I just rented a small car from Willi and they gave me great service. I asked for it to be delivered in Cabarete at my address at 8.00am and it was delivered right on time. The car was clean and in good overall shape and ran well except for a mechanical problem on the road, where an electrical plug became dissconnected and I could not get the motor to restart till I found the problem.
The total rental cost was included in the rate and there were no hidden charges.
I would not hesitate to rent a vehicle from OK Motors again.

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
Thanks!! I actually rented with them and they were great!! Got the car on time, where I needed it and at the price they quoted. They had a sheet with any marks and bumps on the car already marked and signed so I woudn't have to worry about insurance scams!! I actually ended up needing the car for a few extra days than I orginally reserved and there were no problems and they charged me correctly. I wasn't even there when they picked up the car and were good about me going to the office the next day to pay the extra.
The only advice I can give future renters is if someone who will be driving is over 6 feet tall, the low cost rentals are a bit small!! My hubby had some trouble but we managed! ;)

alrita

Apr 28, 2012
I'd like to update my previous comments: I contacted Willi about the problem that I had with the vehicle, and he promptly responded with an e-mail apology, and an offer to re-imburse me for my costs and give me a 10% discount on my next rental. I e-mailed him back with the costs, and he sent a guy to my place with the cash today. Not many buisnesses offer that kind of customer service, in my experience.

ScorpioMan1960

Dec 22, 2013
Great prices, BAD CARS!!!!! I travel to the Dominican Republic 4 or 5 times a year. I normally rent from Avis (and will
forevermore); but this time I decided to try OK Motors because of their price and ease of rental. Remember, you get what you pay for. I picked up the car (a Suzuki XL7) on Thursday, December 19th. On Saturday, December 21st the car broke down. After some work, we got it running again and I took the car back to the office. I was told by Willy (the owner) that it was
probably the battery and that it was most likely fixed. But, he would have another XL7 coming in the next day and that he
would exchange the vehicles. Sunday, December 22nd the car broke down again. When I called about the exchange, I was
told all the vehicles had been rented. They would be happy to send someone to try and get the car started. Bare in mind,
they were willing to return my unused monies, which is the option I took. I needed a car that I could use to travel across the
country with no problem. OK Motors IS NOT the company you use for a dependable car. They are the company you use only
if you want to be stranded. I recommend a company with an international name like Avis. Because of my choice, I WAS LEFT STRANDED IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY WITH NO TRANSPORTATION!!

ScorpioMan1960

Dec 22, 2013
Stranded in the dr without a car!!

Great prices, BAD CARS!!!!! I travel to the Dominican Republic 4 or 5 times a year. I normally rent from Avis (and will forevermore); but this time I decided to try OK Motors because of their price and ease of rental.
Remember, you get what you pay for. I picked up the car (a Suzuki XL7) on Thursday, December 19th. On
Saturday, December 21st the car broke down. After some work, we got it running again and I took the car back
to the office. I was told by Willy (the owner) that it was probably the battery and that it was most likely fixed.
But, he would have another XL7 coming in the next day and that he would exchange the vehicles. Sunday,
December 22nd the car broke down again. When I called about the exchange, I was told all the vehicles had been rented. They would be happy to send someone to try and get the car started. Bare in mind, they were willing to return my unused monies, which is the option I took. I needed a car that I could use to travel across the country with no problem. OK Motors IS NOT the company you use for a dependable car. They are the company you use only if you want to be stranded. I recommend a company with an international name like Avis. Because of my choice, I WAS LEFT STRANDED IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY WITH NO TRANSPORTATION!!