Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Delancer Internet

Is anyone else in Sosua/Cabarete struggling to access the internet via Delancer on a regular basis? THis is the first time I've been able to 'get on-line' in 12 hours!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours isn't that bad but it cuts in and out all the time. We do have 12 hour stretches occasionally when it's down. Do you think we'll get a break on our bill

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Our Delancer internet is very slow and sometimes stops. After 9am it slows to a crawl and stays that way all day.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Same problem here. Delancer sucks.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j&t's future View Post
    Is anyone else in Sosua/Cabarete struggling to access the internet via Delancer on a regular basis? THis is the first time I've been able to 'get on-line' in 12 hours!
    It's getting worst as we speak. I cancelled about a year ago. It was supposed to be a backup for the Codetel one we have. Sometimes 4 to 5 days with nothing. I even tried their High Speed (130... U$/month). It flew for about 3 Hrs. then died. From what I was told, they are over streching their bandwith waiting as long as they can before spending the $$$ for an increase. It will turn against them because of the loss of customers.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It definitely sucks...and seems to be getting worse....it crawls along at much slower speeds than you pay for...some websites and/or features won't load...and it just shuts down once in a while...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Though knock on wood we haven't lost power this afternoon. Friday afternoon like clockwork it usually goes offline.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes J&T - very big problem and glad you brought it up. We have periods when it is impossible to get any European Web sites and US such as yahoo.com are very slow.
    Our TV also suffers frequently fron "signal not good" and we loose channels.

Since you are all experiencing it, it must be Delancer rather than the ongoing servers in the US. The latency has got so big that most sites time out when you try to connect. Real problem with Banking and trading!!!

It must be a Delancer problem. you might want to try contacting [email protected] for the attention of Idan or Ilanit !

Might have some effect !! At the moment it s##hs !

Olly

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

We have the high speed and it's probably as good as the US and better than a lot of European services, but sometimes it goes sluggish or won't find the server but generally it's pretty useable.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    What speed is your high speed if you use the Speakeasy speed test?

Speakeasy - Speed Test
    best today 1.43 using NY.
    The IP for Delancer is Ft Lauderdale but they don't give that option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast