Delancer Internet

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Is anyone else in Sosua/Cabarete struggling to access the internet via Delancer on a regular basis? THis is the first time I've been able to 'get on-line' in 12 hours!

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Ours isn't that bad but it cuts in and out all the time. We do have 12 hour stretches occasionally when it's down. Do you think we'll get a break on our bill ;)

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Our Delancer internet is very slow and sometimes stops. After 9am it slows to a crawl and stays that way all day.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Is anyone else in Sosua/Cabarete struggling to access the internet via Delancer on a regular basis? THis is the first time I've been able to 'get on-line' in 12 hours!

It's getting worst as we speak. I cancelled about a year ago. It was supposed to be a backup for the Codetel one we have. Sometimes 4 to 5 days with nothing. I even tried their High Speed (130... U$/month). It flew for about 3 Hrs. then died. From what I was told, they are over streching their bandwith waiting as long as they can before spending the $$$ for an increase. It will turn against them because of the loss of customers.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
It definitely sucks...and seems to be getting worse....it crawls along at much slower speeds than you pay for...some websites and/or features won't load...and it just shuts down once in a while...

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Though knock on wood we haven't lost power this afternoon. Friday afternoon like clockwork it usually goes offline.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Yes J&T - very big problem and glad you brought it up. We have periods when it is impossible to get any European Web sites and US such as yahoo.com are very slow.
Our TV also suffers frequently fron "signal not good" and we loose channels.

Since you are all experiencing it, it must be Delancer rather than the ongoing servers in the US. The latency has got so big that most sites time out when you try to connect. Real problem with Banking and trading!!!

It must be a Delancer problem. you might want to try contacting comcast.servicios@gmail.com for the attention of Idan or Ilanit !

Might have some effect !! At the moment it s##hs !

Olly

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
We have the high speed and it's probably as good as the US and better than a lot of European services, but sometimes it goes sluggish or won't find the server but generally it's pretty useable.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Hi everybody,
The speed is still very bad and still getting "Signal is not good " on Delancer TV channels. There is huge latency to Europe web sites and most sites are timing out!

Really bad at present.

Olly

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
...as if someone was reading my posts, the internet speed has jumped considerably. :ninja:

This has been the pattern with Delancer....works fine one day...the next day it crawls at a snails pace...the next day it disconnects every 30 minutes, the next day some combination of the above...

NOTE: As I tried to post this, DR1 timed out three times, before loading the page so I could submit my post...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We have the high speed and it's probably as good as the US and better than a lot of European services, but sometimes it goes sluggish or won't find the server but generally it's pretty useable.

I am wondering what causes some users to be quite positive and others to be quite negative. I talked today with an European who is the IT person for one of the Sosua area hotels. He lives in Sosua near the AMET police station and has DeLancer internet in his home. He is very positive about the service. Said a year ago he was very dissatisfied but now is very pleased with the service.

I told him about this thread. He thought possibly those having trouble were trying to do too much with too little, but Eddy, who is a good source of info on computer matters, said he tried the High Speed and found it unsatisfactory after a couple of hours of good service.

Any thoughts on why some are having so much trouble and others little or no trouble?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'm rather satisfied with their internet service. Been using them for more than 3 years, just had some minor problems during those years. Yesterday their DNS server was down for a couple of hours, but for the most it works very good.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Wow Tor, I'll have to drink what you're drinking.

The internet service sucks. Period.

There is no way to defend it.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Wow Tor, I'll have to drink what you're drinking.

The internet service sucks. Period.

There is no way to defend it.

That seems to be true for some.

I posted previously about an IT guy who has delancer internet in his home and he also says service is very good.

He said when he first started, there were lots of problems and he called or had somebody fluent in Spanish every time there was a problem. He said after awhile they got tired of the calls and now make sure he has no reason to call.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was at someones house that had a cable modem from Cable del Norte in Cabarete. A dial up connection would be about the same. It was horrible. Amazing how the fastest potential method has such poor results.